Monday Memo May 2, 2016
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, May 2nd to Friday, May 6th
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
News, Notes and Reminders
As everyone knows Tammy Montini will be retiring as Funkstown's Lead Teacher/Intervention Teacher at the end of this school year. Kelly Longerbeam, currently a Pre-K teacher at Smithsburg Elementary School, has been hired as Funkstown's Lead Teacher starting in the 2016-2017 school year. Kelly will be .5 at Funkstown and .5 at CES working with Stacy Henson in many different roles in the early learning office. We happily welcome Kelly to the Funkstown staff and look forward to having her expertise in early childhood on our staff.
BOOK MOBILE- May 10th will be the last visit for the Washington County Book Mobile for this year. Please be sure to check your classroom libraries for any books that may belong to the book mobile.
There are 26.5 (Kindergarten) teaching and learning days left in this school year!! (Pre-K 24 days) Let's make the most of every single day!
The Importance of the Morning Meeting
Monday, May 2nd
Tuesday, May 3rd
Dinosaurs Rock program - PM in the cafeteria
Wednesday, May 4th
IEP transition meetings today - You will find the agenda for the IEP meetings on the Funkstown IEP meetings shared doc. If you cannot find this document please see Bridget Stine.
Jay McTighe at CES 4:00 to 6:00. Must be preregistered. If you are interested it may not be too late.
Thursday, May 5th
Friday, May 6th
- IEP/transition meetings this month will take place on May 4, 11, 18, 24, 25
- May 2nd - 6th National Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 2nd and 3rd - Prekindergarten Family Conferences. No school for Pre-K students
- May 3rd - Teacher Appreciation Day
- May 3rd and 4th - iPad's in Early Education. UMBC and Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort- Remember to complete a PAR and register for either of these days if you plan to attend.
- May 3rd- Dinosaurs Rock program for Kindergarten students. PM
- May 10th All Unit I staff will receive MacBooks today. Please plan to attend a meeting in the library at 3:00 pm with Bill Donahue to be assigned your MacBook.
- May 11th and 18th Pre-K music program - cafeteria at 6:00 pm
- May 13th- Cinco De Mayo Day staff luncheon
- May 17th- Ready at Five Symposium, Emotional Intelligence- From Theory to Practice - Turf Valley Conference Center.
- May 19th- Pre-K to Misty Meadows Farm - Kindergarten to KinderKonzert
- May 27th- Funkstown Field Day
- May 30th- Memorial Day- Schools and CES closed
- June 2nd and 3rd - End of Year Celebrations for PreK and K. K raindate June 6th
- June 6th End of year celebration to say farewell to friends who will not be returning for the new school year.
- June 7th- Last day of school for Pre-K students
- June 8th- Last 1/2 day of school for Kindergarten students
- June 9th- Last day of school for staff
- June 9th- Social/Wellness Committee Social- Destination to be determined.
- June 10th- HAPPY SUMMER!