Is what the government's doing to fix immigration working?
Believes there should be no law against moving anywhere.
Believes illegal immigration is wrong and we should deport illegals. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tempers-flare-immigration-protest-murrieta-n150346
Believes no human being is illegal and they should be treated fairly. http://www.latinpost.com/articles/11902/20140506/immigration-reform-news-2014-new-dhs-proposals-announced-to-help-high-skilled-immigrants.htm
Viewpoints on immigration
Pros, Causes, and Benefits
- A Senate proposal wasn't perfect, but it goes a long way
- Catholic charities have helped immigrants and with them helping the government they can help fix the problem.
- In 2012 Obama announced that he would not deport young undocumented children if they met certain standards, although some people don't think that's right.
- Both sides of the problem believes the reform measure is an improvement.
- Some people believe that the systematic way the government's fixing the problem is working
Cons, Effects, and Dangers
- The immigration policy will eventually cease to be a solution
- Farmers are going to have to do less farming aka make less money because of competition
- The government deporting immigrants is ruining lives and they must do better in the sistuation
- Less immigrants will be able to immigrate causing hardships for them and they do bring gifts to our country as well
- There has been suffering due to the broken immigration system
"President Barack Obama Has Merely Shifted Priorities in Immigration Enforcement."Immigration. Ed. Debra A. Miller. Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press, 2014. Current Controversies. Rpt. from "Marco Rubio Says Obama Shows 'Reluctance' to Enforce Immigration Law." PolitiFact.com. 2013. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 12 Dec. 2014
Wood, Daniel B. "Immigration Reform Will Not Solve the Problem of Declining Cheap Labor from Mexico." Immigration. Ed. Debra A. Miller. Farmington Hills, MI: Greenhaven Press, 2014. Current Controversies. Rpt. from "Immigration Reform Too Late to Fix One Big Problem, Studies Say." Christian Science Monitor. 2013.Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 12 Dec. 2014.