Things to share with your family, schools, & community!
Udpate 11/7/18 - Referendum Passed!
County School Facility Sales Tax FACTS:
- The County School Facility Sales tax, which went into effect in 2007, represents the first shift away from relying on property taxes for local school districts.
- If this proposal passes, we can make the improvements included in the District’s Master Facilities Plan.
- Revenue from this county-wide tax is distributed proportionately to all school districts in Sangamon County.
Learn more below and @ Our Schools, Our Future
Stronger Together...Carry the Banner
When we are at our best, our team, our class, our staff, our school and our District, benefits and our community thrives!
Oct. 24, 2018 Planning Meeting
Unity Day Planning
Students formed 3 subcommittees: Charitable, Funding & Student Participation/Agenda
Middle School Visits will be coming soon.
Next meeting is November 7, 2018, 3-4PM
* District 186 Supt. Student Roundtable will meet the first Wednesday of the month this year.
Interested high school students can contact their Academic Principal for more information.
How are we Doing?
5Essentials Parent Survey is open for famiies to take now!
This is your opportunity to give feedback on how your school is doing. I urge you to participate in this short 10-minute survey to help improve Springfield schools.It will be open for families to take October 24, 2018 until January 18, 2019
Online Resources for Families/Teachers
Parenting in the Digital Age - IL Attorney General
Check out this Stay Connected Stay Informed newsletter provided by Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (ICAC) on often asked for recommendations regarding the age for technology or app use.
- What age should I provide a phone to my child?
- At what age should my child use a social media app?
- and more.
Volunteer/Join School Teams!
Schools need your voice, energy and time! Teams meet monthly, attend 3 district wide F.A.C.E.Camps/Trainings and provide volunteers, funds, decision making, and more. Join your school's team today!
Stay informed this year!
District 186 has District level Parent and Student Groups that meet regularly with Superintendent Gill. Parent Roundtable is open to interested 186 Pre-K - 12 parents/family members and Student Roundtable is open to high school students. Contact Peggy Cormeny for more information.
Parent Engagement Roundtable*
Wednesday, Nov. 7th, 5:30pm
1900 West Monroe Street
RSVPs are enabled for this event.