from West Madison Elementary School
Welcome to the West Madison School Counseling Newsletter
In the month of August we focused on RESPECT. Students learned great ways to get along and create a positive school environment. We read a book by Carol McCloud "Have You Filled A Bucket Today?" and practiced "filling buckets" with students and teachers. This is always a fun and positive way to start the year!
Character Focus for September: RESPONSIBILITY
Other News: Coffee with the Counselor
Thanks to all who came out! Stay tuned for the next date and topic!
Here are some the topics that parents have expressed high interest in for future sessions:
- Getting a Jump on Social Media
- Building Self-Esteem and Boosting Confidence of Children
- Developing Test Taking Skills and Helpful Resources
- Creating Growth Mindset Learners
- Bullying and What you Need to Know