By: Lasia, Abby, Ray
Two reasons for marriage in the catholic church are union with the person, and to create children and raise them in the faith.
- You have to be loyal with the person that you are going to spend forever with.
- When having kids you have to be loyal to one another.
- You have to show respect to your significant other.
- You have to display respect for your children.
- In order to bond with your lover you have to have some humor to enlighten your relationship.
- You have to have humor to relieve stress when kids are created.
Explain why marriage preparation is so important in our culture filled with divorce
- The preparation is important because when preparing you are learning more about your significant other and whether you are meant to be or not. You meet with the priest or deacon to talk about the sacraments you will be receiving. Pre- Cana is where you get to know the person through priest and other married couples. An engaged encounter is like a retreat or camp where married couples learn to argue, and cope with one another, they also get to know each other more too.
Explain what you think needs to happen before, and during the marriage to keep from divorce.
- Before a marriage, you should get to know the person and see if they are truly right for you. During the marriage you should show good qualities and show your lover that you are loyal to them and have respect for them.
- Fidelity: an attribute of god that describes his eternal faithfulness to his promises
- Marriage consent: the promises made by the bride and groom to honor one another and to be faithful in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health throughout their lives.