April 3, 2019
Jennifer Kolb- Campus Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sofieh Hopovac - Dean of Academics: email@example.com
Timothy Clark- Dean of Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Gregory- Engagement: email@example.com
Asha Bell- Testing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyla McDade- Special Education: email@example.com
Tamara Yarborough- ESL: firstname.lastname@example.orgMilada Kazazic- GATE Teacher: email@example.com
Kim Chinchilla- Operations Mgr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Gonzalez - Attendance Clerk: email@example.com
April / May Events
April 4 - PTO Meeting @ 6:00
April 5 - Final Payment for Sky Ranch Due
April 9-12 STAAR Testing Dates (see letter below)
April 10 - 2nd Grade Field Trip
April 10 - 4th Grade Field Trip
April 18 - Adventure Landing Fundraiser 5-8 @ 17717 Coit Rd.
April 18 - District Wide Talent Show
April 19 - NO SCHOOL
April 22-24 - Sky Ranch Trip for 5th Grade
April 22-26 Scholastic Book Fair
April 25 - Reading Under the Stars
May 2 - PTO Meeting
May 4 - Spring Festival, K-3 Science Gallery Walk, and GATE Gallery 9-1
May 6-10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
May 7 - GATE Field Trip
May 7 - NEHS Dinner (must RSVP)
May 9 - Cici's Pizza Fundraiser 3-9 on Lavon
May 13 - Kindergarten Field Trip
May 13-17 - STAAR Testing Dates
May 15 - 6th Grade Field Trip
May 17 - 3rd Grade Field Trip
May 21 - Kindergarten Graduation 5:30-6:30
May 22 - NEHS Field Trip
May 23 - 4th Quarter Awards Ceremony
May 23 - End of the Year Class Parties
May 23 - 6th Grade Graduation Ceremony 5:30-6:30
May 24 - Field Day - Last Day of School - Half Day
Reminder from Mr. Clark
DFW/Waco District Wellness Policy Meeting
We invite all parents, students, staff and other community stakeholders to attend Harmony Public Schools-DFW/Waco District Wellness Policy meeting. The meeting will be held at the district office located at 12005 Forestgate Dr. Ste 110, Dallas, TX 75243 on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 from 9:30am to 12:30pm. We will review our current District Wellness Policy (located on each campus website) and the guidelines set forth in the HPS board approved Wellness Plan (available on each campus website) in regards to nutrition education, Smart Snack Guidelines, fundraisers, exemptions, classroom parties, etc. If you are interested in joining, no RSVP is necessary and we look forward to your attendance. For questions or additional information, please contact Linda Moore at LMoore@harmonytx.org.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
Dress Code Reminders
1. Uniform shirts should be worn at all times. They must be tucked in. A long sleeve shirt that is plain black, blue, red, or white may be worn as an under shirt.
2. Navy blue, black , or khaki pants NO JOGGERS
3. Neutral colored belt (black, brown, navy, tan)
4. Shoes: sneakers or dark colored lace up shoes or loafers NO BOOTS
5. Harmony fleece jackets ( can be ordered in the front office until Oct. 19) or plain colored cardigans (white, navy, or red) ONLY can be worn in the classroom
**LIGHT JACKETS MAY BE WORN UNTIL THE FLEECE JACKETS COME IN - NO HOODS AND THEY MUST ZIP OR BUTTON IN THE FRONT
6. Spirit dress on Friday ONLY(jeans can only be worn with a spirit shirt OR college t-shirt).
Traffic Reminders and Updates
- Parents this is a friendly reminder to follow the traffic pattern and complete the circle around the high school. We understand that the lines are long but this is for the safety of all our students. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
- If you are interested in volunteering for drop off or pick up duty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The doors do not open until 7:20 am. (please be aware that students are not being monitored if you drop them off before this time)
- At 4:15 students are moved to the front for late dismissal; please drive around to the front to pick them up.
- STARTING MONDAY OCT. 1ST STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT PICKED UP BY 5 PM WILL BE PLACED OUTSIDE THE BACK DOOR TO WAIT UNDER THE AWNING.
- If you need to make arrangements for your child to stay later, Zenith Learning After School Program is available. Call 713-988-9600 or go to www.zenithlearning.org to register your child.