Thelma Jones Elementary Week of Aug. 31st to Sept. 4th
Greetings Shark Families!!
We are very close to opening our doors for our in-person learners on Sep. 8th. While some of you will continue learning virtually, and others have chosen to return for in-person learning, we want you to know that you are all a part of our SHARK family and we are here for you.
firstname.lastname@example.org- Assistant Principal
This Monday Matters is packed with important information. Please take time to read through the information provided. If you have any questions or need clarity, please contact us.
- September 3rd- 1st Six Weeks Progress Reports posted in Skyward
- September 4th- Student Holiday
- September 7th-Labor Day Holiday
September 8th- In-Person Students Return to Campus
September 10th- Virtual Parent Information Night
- 4th Grade- 5:00-5:30
- 3rd Grade- 5:15-5:45
- 2nd Grade- 5:30-6:00
- 1st Grade- 5:45-6:15
- Kindergarten- 6:00-6:30
Thelma Jones Protocols and Procedures for Re-Opening Our School
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Mansfield ISD will provide bus transportation for all students meeting the eligibility requirements for transportation.
Find My Bus
School Bus Rider’s Safety Handbook
For Bus Delays & Substitutions https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j_9bi_plWMqtBDp8AG8B31rb3KzTAOIhRWe8B0CwTnY/edit
QUEST (After School Childcare)
QUEST After-school Care will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 8, the first day of in-person instruction.
- Health screenings –Align with the district and have students and staff pre-screen prior to arrival. All QUEST team members will have district badges and key cards so we can utilize as a tracing function.
- PPE supplies – Student Services has provided the proper PPE supplies to utilize and ordered additional items to safeguard students and staff.
- Cleaning & sanitizing – At the end of each day, the custodial staff will clean every room/area utilized by the QUEST program.
- Instructor: student ratio – 1:12. Every attempt has been made to place students in cohorts, however this may vary based on enrollment.
- Hand washing – Hand washing will be built into the before and after school program schedules.
- Contact less check in/out – Quest will be implementing a drive thru check in/out procedure. Parents will utilize a PIN to check their child(ren) in/out. A driver’s license will be an added layer of verification at pick up. To assist with a rapid checkout we are strongly encouraging parents to utilize Remind 101 or Class Dojo. A QUEST staff member will meet them at the designated location with the child(ren). Security radios will be used for communication purposes.
- Sick/ill child – Parents of sick student will be contacted immediately for pick up and custodial services will be informed of area(s) needing to be cleaned/sanitized.
Contact: Tina Cantu
Director of QUEST After School Program
Yearbooks have arrived and we have made calls to families. We still have several yearbooks that have not been picked up. We will do a second round of calls this week.
Free and Reduced Lunch Application for the 20-21 School Year *click SchoolCafe' link below*
Our Staff... How many staff members do you recognize?
Do you need to update your email address or phone numbers in Skyward? You can make those changes in Family Access.
- Log into Family Access
- Click on My Account (top right corner)
- When the Account Settings screen opens, there is place for your email address and up to three phone numbers.
- Please note – Each parent/guardian can enter one email address to receive communication via Skyward Message Center.
- Once changes are made, click Save.
If you, parent/guardian, is unable to log into Family Access, there are a couple options:
1 – Use the Forgot Your Password link from the Family Access login page
2 – Email email@example.com