Important GAVS Dates
From Mrs. Gardner
Please read all of the newsletter below.
Hello Parents & Students,
A few deadlines are approaching this week. Please take a look below and make sure you are aware of the upcoming dates.
1. Assignment deadline --> Friday, March 29th.
2. 9th Grade Lit B/AB EOCT Registration --> Friday, March 29th.
(Mythology does not take the EOCT)
3. Teacher of the Year Nominations --> Sunday, March 31st.
4. GaVS Spring Break --> April 1st - 5th
5. Mrs. Gardner's Spring Break Shmoop Opportunity --> Friday, March 29th.
EOCT INFORMATION BELOW
Public School Students Will Be Notified By Their School and Will Test at Their School
Homeschoolers/Private Schoolers Need to Register for EOCT.
2. Homeschool/Private School Registration for the 9th Lit B/AB EOCT
Private & Homeschoolers must register to take the EOCT! Public school students will be notified about testing dates/times by individual schools.
Registration Deadline-Friday, March 29 , 2013
EOCT Test Date-Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Be sure to take the survey to register.
HOME SCHOOL AND PRIVATE SCHOOL STUDENTS, who are currently enrolled in the AB or B sections of a GaVS course, which by the state of Georgia, requires an End of Course Test (EOCT) MUST complete the registration survey. Click HERE to view list of EOCT courses.
- The EOCT is your final exam. If you miss the EOCT test your final grade will NOT be released.
- EOCT information will be sent to your personal email account, not your GaVS email.
- Test site location/time of test will be emailed two weeks prior to the May 7 EOCT test date.
3. Teacher of the Year Nominations
Each year, Georgia Virtual School recognizes one teacher who has excelled in his or her commitment and contribution to our students, school, and online education.
Students, parents, facilitators, teachers and staff will nominate for the ToTY between March 1 and March 31.
If you believe that you know a teacher who should be recognized as Teacher of the Year, please complete the nomination form.
Thanks for your time!
4. GAVS Spring Break Policy
GaVS will be on spring break April 1st - April 5th. During this time, teachers may not be grading work. No work is scheduled for the week of spring break. If you want to observe another week for spring break, the GAVS work must be submitted on time, no exceptions. Many students work ahead so they can take another week off. Many students work through the GAVS spring break in order to observe another week. Regardless, GaVS work is due as it states on the course schedule. Extensions for spring break will not be granted.