The SMS Athletic Newsletter
Week of 1/8/23:
This week's edition includes:
- Athletic Boosters Night at the Races!
- Winter Sports Update: Pics, Schedules, and Recaps
- Spirit Wear
- 2023 Football Interest Survey
- Student-athlete eligibility information
- Strongsville Athletic Booster Information
- Buy athletic event tickets from your phone
- Athletic Programming from the Strongsville Recreation
- Click/Tap HERE for previous editions of Cold Pizza
Jason Keppler, Assistant Athletic Director
Strongsville City Schools
Athletic Boosters Night at the Races
Did you know they helped purchase the new Under Armour uniforms that the SMS basketball team look even better while they win? Did you know they helped us buy the state of the art video scoreboard at SHS? There are countless numbers of reasons to help support them.
Please considering attending to help continue to support them as they help make SCS athletics even more elite!
Last Week's Best Pics
Introducing the 2022-2023 SMS Cheerleading Squad!
SMS Wrestling Team Takes 3rd in the North Ridgeville ASP Winter Classic
Cool Story Alert: How many students would sign-up for a sport that sometimes has them crumbled up like a piece of paper, requires some of them to have an hour long study table before their 1.5 hour practice each day that often requires another hour of mat set-up and tear down? It's not many but these 25 or so boys do it each and every day! They persevere each and every day and their toughness is showing up each tournament! If you see any of these boys in school over the next week show them the love they deserve!
Cool as a Cucumber
Jamell Lawrence is as "cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce" mid-match!
Jawad Mohammad with about the best game face I have ever seen!
This is What Toughness and Grit Looks Like
Congrats to the students and coaches for their hard work and dedication!
Mustang Bowl Anyone?!
Much love to Jeff Martinelli for all of the great pics. Go check out his great work HERE.
Sidney Butera about to put on a basketball symphony!
"Hey I know you!"
Beast Mode Activated
I think it was at this very moment both Butera and Beard activated their beast modes!
We all know Sami Dari can score with the best of them but he can also dish out the rock!
I think Tim Hardaway would have been proud of this crossover!
From Way Downtown
Pavlo Kadras with the three that would have been good from his motherland!
WINTER SPORTS UPDATES
GET THE LATEST TEAM UPDATES:
- Practice schedule can be found HERE
- Game schedule can be found HERE
- Go HERE for a recap of last weeks wrestling meets.
- Game schedules can be found HERE
- Practice schedules can be found HERE
- Go HERE for a recap of last weeks games. Once on the webpage tap menu, then winter, then girls basketball, and then your specific team to view the recaps.
There is lots of other information there as well!
- Game Schedules
- Game Results/Recaps
- Athletic Forms
- Sports Medicine Info
- Ticketing Info
- Online Team Shop
- Sports Registration/Tryout Info
Football Interest Survey
- Students must maintain at least a 2.0 G.P.A. Should their G.P.A. fall below a 2.0 they will be put on a weekly progress reports to assure assignments and effort are up to snuff. If not the players will be required to sit until improvement is made.
- Students must have passed at least 4 classes in the previous quarter (5 if at SHS). Should this criteria not be met a student will not be eligible for the forthcoming athletic season.
- Pay to Participate and previous year academic fees must be paid in order to partake in athletic games/contests. Students will be withheld from all contests until fees are paid.
OHSAA Eligibility Resource Center
Strongsville Athletic Boosters
HOMETOWN TICKETING FAN APP
NEW WAYS TO PURCHASE TICKETS
All other VARSITY sporting events will have $7.00 tickets for adults and $5.00 for students.
For stand alone JV, Freshman AND Middle School games, tickets will be $4.00 and $2.00
1. Tickets will be sold online through our NEW online Ticketing Partner, Hometown Ticketing. The link can be found HERE. This is the preferred method of payment for all home contests. You can also purchase tickets by going to STRONGSVILLEATHLETICS.ORG and by clicking on each team's schedule, there is a BUY TICKETS option. If you have question, please reach out to the Athletic Office.
2. We will offer at the gate cash and CREDIT CARD sales for all home contests. Again, if you do not want to wait in line, the online ticket option would be best
3. SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNTS. The GCC will allow Senior Citizens into any contest free of charge. At Strongsville, we will be issuing Senior Citizen All-Access passes that will allow them to attend any HOME sporting event free of charge. Passes will issued at any ticket gate upon entrance to an event.
(Please keep in mind that when we play non-league contests away, those schools may have a different senior citizen policy)
If you have any questions about the ticketing policy, please do not hesitate to contact the athletic department.