By Daniella Yeboah. Final Culminating
- "United Nations" created by the U.S president Franklin D. Roosevelt was first used in the declaration b y United Nations
- Representatives from 26 nations promised their government to continue fighting against the Axis Powers
- The United Nations became official on 24 October 1945, when the Charter had been approved by China, France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom, the United States and by a large portion of other signatories.
- United Nations Day is celebrated on 24 October each year.
- to maintaining international peace and security
- building relations among nations and encouraging social progress, better living standards and human rights.
- The Organization can take action on a wide range of issues, and provide a place for the 192 Member States to state their opinions, through either the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council and other bodies and committees.
How effective is the UN ?
- record of peacekeeping accomplishments for over more than 60 years.
- By providing common security guarantees and answering to crises, UN operations have helped political transitions and helped build fragile new state institutions.
- They have helped countries to handle problems and create a way to proper development
How does the United Nations work? | RMIT University