Davis Elementary Communication
Saturday, August 20, 2016
August 22 (Monday) First Day of School 7:45
August 23 (Tuesday) Parent Information Meetings
5:30 3rd Grade
6:15 4th Grade
7:00 5th Grade
August 30 (Tuesday) Parent Information Meetings
6:15 1st Grade
7:00 2nd Grade
September 5 (Monday) Labor Day/ No School (Student/Teacher Holiday)
October 10 (Monday) Parent Conference Day (Student Holiday)
October 14 (Friday) 9 Weeks Spirit Assembly 8:30 am
November 21-25 Thanksgiving Break
December 19- January 2 Winter Break
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
We enjoyed seeing many of you at Meet the Teacher on Friday! The BIG DAY is just around the corner now! Parents may walk their child to class on Monday, August 22 without checking in at the front office. Starting Tuesday, parents will need to check in at the front office and have their driver's license scanned to receive a visitor badge. All visitors wear a recognizable visitor badge to aid in keeping our children safe.
School begins at 7:45 a.m. Supervision begins at 7:00 in the cafeteria and gym for children who need to arrive early, and students can walk to their classroom at 7:30. Breakfast is available from 7:15-7:40 in the cafeteria. Our school day ends at 2:45. Please make sure you've communicated with your child's teacher about how he or she is getting home in the afternoons.
Mrs. Bishop and our PTA know the first day can be tough separating from your little ones, so they invite you to join them for a first day "Coffee and Kleenex" gathering in the library at 7:45 am.
We're looking forward to a fun and busy first day at Davis Elementary!
Sign up for TEXT Messages from the Davis Elementary Front Office
Referring Students for PACE Assessment
PACE is the district’s program that provides services for students who require academically gifted enrichment and have shown the need for advanced, differentiated instruction. For more details about the PACE Program and to obtain referral forms, please refer to the following link:
If you are new to Davis and would like to refer your child, please contact Julie Seymour at 469-752-1033 or firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8th .
Referral packets for Spring Testing must be completed and returned to Julie Seymour by Wednesday, December 9, 2015 .
What is a Makerspace?
What is InfoCenter?
Plano ISD has implemented InfoCenter, allowing you to better control how you receive communications from your school or district. The following is a guide to help you get started.
What is InfoCenter?: InfoCenter provides access to all the messages and information sent by your organization. Accessible from any internet-enabled device, InfoCenter visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for easy review and reference. InfoCenter also allows you to customize how you receive communications from PISD (campus and district).
How do I sign up for InfoCenter?: Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. Using the email address that you have on file for your district (emergency card), follow these three steps:
1. Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. You can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
2. Click the “New User” button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token. Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
3. After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
What’s in InfoCenter?:Once you’ve created your account, the records associated with your email address will be linked automatically. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information, and configure how you’d like to receive notifications.
Important Things to Know:
- Regardless of how you choose to receive notifications, all messages associated with your records will be retained in the InfoCenter inbox for 30 days.
- You can opt into receiving Device Notifications (Push) under Notification Preferences. When choosing to receive Device Notifications, a badge or alert will appear when you receive new communications from Plano ISD.
Our provider, SchoolMessenger, makes the security and privacy of your data a top priority. As one of over 100 approved signatories to Student Privacy Pledge, you can feel ensured that your student’s information is safe and will never be sold, rented or shared.
Do you love FUN?
Davis Dolphins use Social Media!
Follow the Davis Dolphins on Twitter at @Davis_Dolphins and #DavisGrows
Follow the Davis Dolphins on Facebook at Davis_Dolphins
Follow the Davis Elementary PTA at https://www.facebook.com/groups/daviselementarypta/