Ms. Virgina Ollis
New CHS Teachers
1. Role in the school
* "I am an Algebra 1, Geometry, and Math Seminar teacher."
2. Where are you from?
* "I am originally from downtown Columbia. I'm a Richgland One graduate. I graduated from A.c. Flora High School and went to the University of South CArolina, so I've never really left here."
3. What has your experience at CHS been like so far?
* "My experience has been wonderful. The teachers and adiministration are very welcoming and helpful. My students are very bright and energetic."
4. Why did you want to become a teacher?
* "I wanted to become a teacher to give back what my favorite teachers gave to me. The most profound gift I ever received from a teacher was a sense of worth."
5. What do you enjoy most about teaching or working in a school?
* "Learning doesn't stop when you become a teacher. I'm constantly learning from other teachers and my students."
6. What are your goals for this year?
* "My goals for this year are build relationships with my students, and I also want to figure out how to get around
7. What hobbies do you have outside of school?
* "During the year, lesson planning and teaching take up a lot of my time. When I have a spare moment, I like to crochet, ride horses, and watching the Gamecocks play. I got engaged six months ago; wedding planning is a fun hobby to have right now."
8. If you could give advice to yourself in high school what would it be?
* "Breathe. Enjoy these four years. It'll be the last four years that you can learn without having to pay someone for the information. Soak up everything that you can."