February 8, 2016
"Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18
Help with Gator Gala
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
The Green Oaks Staff Appreciation Committee is hosting a Soup and Salad Staff Appreciation Luncheon next Thursday, February 18th. The committee needs volunteers to help set up, clean up, or bring the Soup and Salad dishes and supplies. Be on the lookout for a link to Sign Up Genius by the end of the week. And, as always, monetary donations are also accepted! Call Terri Boyd for any questions! 214-738-8568.
- Green Oaks will be closed the weeks of June 6 and July 4. GOAL will not operate these weeks.
- Green Oaks Summer Camp Week 1: June 20-24
- Green Oaks Summer Week 2: July 25-29
- GOAL will continue to operate programming throughout the summer. We will be open each week, except the weeks of June 6, July 4 and August 15. While we will be open the same hours and still have the same modules, there will be some changes to the daily schedules just to keep things fresh. GOAL students are not eligible to sign up for Green Oaks summer camps.
We are looking for another family to ride share with in the South Arlington, Mansfield, or South Grand Prairie areas. We are happy to pick up your student up in the mornings and drop them off with our son Maverick at school. In exchange, we are asking Maverick be picked up from school and taken home. We would meet you at your house immediately or just moments after. We have moved to Midlothian and it is taking 1.5 to 2 hours each way for drop off and pick up. The afternoons are harder for us, because our daughter in Midlothian gets out of school at the same time as Green Oaks. We pick her up then head to pick up Maverick and the construction through Arlington is a nightmare after 3 pm. Please let us know if your family is interested. Chris 817-681-4604 Christie 682-365-3590 or email@example.com
Chris and Christie Lea
In Our Prayers…
- Prayers for Tobey Elliott, Haley's dad, for health concerns.
- Ongoing prayers for Nic Patterson and Adrian Martinez as they continue to fight leukemia.
- Praises for news that Adrian Martinez will be returning part time starting in the next couple of weeks.
We’d like to include your prayer concerns, too. Please call the office or submit them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Oaks has a continual need for items (listed below). In addition to the items on our wish list, right now we are in need of gift cards to Half Price Books, comic books, magazine subscriptions to Sports Illustrated Kids, Christian magazines, and teen magazines, including M, Twist, Teen Ink, etc. Green Oaks continues to collect Box Tops and Labels for Education. Please send these to school in a Ziploc bag.
White and color copy paper
Plastic forks, spoons, & knives
30 or 33 Gallon Trash Bags
White and color cardstock
These items are always needed and appreciated!