Burleson Elementary News
January 28, 2021
Elementary Art Winners
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
Congratulations to the first and second grade art winners! These students were chosen to have their artwork exhibited at the Christmas musical next year. The theme is "The Wild" and we are excited to showcase our student's hard work!
I have a few friendly reminders for you. It is imperative your students are in class by 7:45 am. If your child does not enter the building by 7:45, you must come inside to the elementary office and sign them in. We use all instructional minutes and class work begins at 7:45. If you child enters late, they are missing instruction. Five or more tardies results in Monday Makeup School. Also, please be sure your child is bringing a water bottle and mask to school everyday.
Everyone has been working so hard! Please praise and encourage the teachers! They deserve so much with their ability to maintain flexibility and student success throughout all the changes. We are blessed to attend school in such a positive and learner-centered place! (They love gift cards, treats, and Dr. Pepper!)
¡Felicitaciones a los ganadores de arte de primer y segundo grado! Estos estudiantes fueron elegidos para exhibir sus obras de arte en el musical de Navidad el próximo año. ¡El tema es "The Wild" y estamos emocionados de mostrar el arduo trabajo de nuestros estudiantes!
Tengo algunos recordatorios amistosos para ti. Es imperativo que sus estudiantes estén en clase a las 7:45 am. Si su hijo no entra al edificio antes de las 7:45, debe entrar a la oficina de la escuela primaria y registrar su entrada. Usamos todos los minutos de instrucción y el trabajo de clase comienza a las 7:45. Si su hijo llega tarde, le faltan instrucciones. Cinco o más tardanzas resultan en la escuela de recuperación de lunes. Además, asegúrese de que su hijo traiga una botella de agua y una máscara a la escuela todos los días.
¡Todos han estado trabajando tan duro! ¡Alabe y anime a los maestros! Se merecen mucho por su capacidad para mantener la flexibilidad y el éxito de los estudiantes durante todos los cambios. ¡Tenemos la suerte de asistir a la escuela en un lugar tan positivo y centrado en el alumno! (¡Les encantan las tarjetas de regalo, las golosinas y Dr. Pepper!)
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Uu
- Focus on number recognition up to number 20.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday.
- Send extra change of clothes for cold weather.
Thank you for all your support. Mrs. A 😊
- Attendance is VERY crucial. Your child needs to be here every day!
- Sight word test tomorrow. New sight words are coming home on Tuesday.
- Please bring library books, a jacket, and a water bottle every day.
- Parent conferences will be on March 8th.
Keep in touch if you need anything. Thank you for all you do!
- Sight word test over purple sight words on Friday.
- Spelling test on Friday...please study.
- Keep practicing +8's.
- Please bring library books and water bottles every day.
- Parent conferences will be on March 8, mark your calendar.
If you have any questions please message me on class dojo. Thanks!
* -3 math facts quiz this Friday(tomorrow).
* Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR test!!!
* Be sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes every night and that you are filling out the Home Reading Log. The Reading Logs are due every Friday morning.
<Second grade's Valentine's Day party is set for the afternoon of February 12th. Be on the look out for more information.
<Parent conferences are scheduled for March 8th.
- In math we are working on describing the attributes of plain and solid figures
- In science we are finishing up our lesson on Natural Resources and how to conserve our natural resources.
- Math fact test is on Friday!
- We are starting to hit hard on STAAR level story problems in math, so that your child will be prepared for the test in May!!!
- If you need anything please message us on class dojo!!
In reading we are focusing on informational text. We will be looking into the features of informational text and what the author’s purpose should be in this genre.
In Social Studies we will be learning about good and services and will understand how supply and demand affect the price of a good or service.
Please remember to read each night and fill out Home Reading Logs. I collect those every Tuesday and pass new logs out the same day.
- We are finishing working on paired passages this week ready for our CBA assessment next week. When that is done, we will be moving on to Drama!
- Ten new vocabulary words this week - test on Friday. Next week is a review week so there will not be any new words next week.
- As always… Read, Read, Read! – Reading is a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Please make sure you monitor what your child is reading and initial your child’s Reading Log every evening after they have read.
- In Social Studies we are finishing learning about the fight for Texas Independence and will be moving on next week to Sam Houston, the First President of Texas.
Please remember to send your child with a clean mask and refillable water bottle every day.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
Math and Science
- In Math we are still learning about measurements, including converting from one unit of measure to another.
- In Science we will begin a study of Earth’s natural resources and how to conserve them.
- Study multiplication facts every night! We are converting measurements using multiplication and division. If a student does not know their multiplication facts then this will be extremely difficult! Ask you child if they have passed the fact tests through 12’s.
- Bring a water bottle and clean mask EVERYDAY!
- Valentines Party is tomorrow, please make sure your child has their valentines for everyone in their class or the class as a whole. Check DOJO if you have any questions.
- READ READ READ
-Water bottles and masks are needed daily!
-Attendance is SOOOO important to successful learning, please have your children here on time daily and contact myself and the office if your student will be out.
-Please have your child practice multiplication math facts for 5 to 10 minutes every night.
-We have been working on creating the hierarchy of shapes and next week we will be working on finding the perimeter, area, and volume of shapes.
A NOTE FROM THE LIBRARIAN
BRONCO BASKETBALL NEWS!!
VG -vs- Wellman @6:30 pm
VB -vs- Wellman @ 8:00 pm
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
JANUARY LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.