Boiling & Roasting Comparison
By: Kha´Diya Davis
What is Roasting?...
- Definition: Roasting is the method of cooking where you can cook products in the oven uncovered or over a open flame while rotating it.
- When roasting foods they are cooked uncovered the entire time until they are completely done cooking.
- Common Foods that are Roasted: Chicken, Turkey, and Vegetables
What is Boiling?...
- Definition: Boiling is the rapid vaporization of a liquid, which occurs when a liquid is heated to its boiling point.
- When boiling foods they are complete covered in the boiling liquid until they are completely done cooking.
- Common Foods that are Boiled: Potatoes, Eggs, and Peanuts
How to Boil an Egg
Quick and Easy Roast Chicken with Roasted Garlic
The Difference between Roasting & Boiling
The diiference with roasting and boiling is that one is a dry method of cooking and the other is a wet method of cooking. When you are boiling products they completely cover with a liquid as to roasting is completely uncovered and cooks in its own juices or either its being held above and open flame.