How it affects the body?
- It's the highest death rating of any illness
- 5-20% of people with anorexia die
- loses heart muscle
- have low white blood cells
- hair loss
- kidney problems
- loss of muscle tone
Affects the body at what time?Right at the time when young people are supposed be putting down bone mass, and puberty.
What causes it?
- Don't consume enough foods which leads to starvation
- Researchers found that genes may point out someone have a eating disorder
- Medical treatment may be required to restore normal weight
- therapy can help, with behavior changes
Important to remember
- to make sure that you know the symptoms!