Mercury Online Happenings
September 24th-28th 2012
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Thursday, September 27th: 1st Parent Education Meeting @ 8:30pm Eastern in Collaborate
- Friday, September 28th: Advisor Meeting at 2pm Eastern in Julie's office
- Monday, October 1st: Work from home day for all CA students
- Tuesday, October 2nd: Staff Meeting @ 7pm Eastern in Stephanie's office
- Monday, October 8th: Columbus Day - School Holiday
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
"I started working as Director of School Development for Mercury Online Arizona in 2009. My favorite part of my job is enrollment because it allows me to have personal interaction with parents and students. Prior to working for Mercury I was a Fundraising Director for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. I also worked for a private school in Arizona for 12 years.
I live in Gilbert, AZ with three children, Noel 31, Adam 25 and Alexandra 22 and a wonderful grandson Jackson 11. I also have two dogs Murray and Bill. I am an avid football fan and have been a season ticket holder for the Arizona Cardinals for 8 years. I belong to a tailgate group that tailgates for every Cardinals home game and take it seriously! Our group actually won the Bing Tailgater of the Year competition and represented Arizona in a competition at the 2010 Super Bowl! We didn’t win – but it was quite an experience!
This past year has been quite challenging. I began the battle of my life when I received the news that my breast cancer had returned and metastasized to my bones and lung. With the support of family, friends and coworkers I am facing the challenge with a positive attitude – and humor - and am confident I will win the battle against this horrible disease. My job has been part of my therapy in keeping focused on positive things. My favorite quote that I repeat several times per day is I have cancer – cancer does NOT have me!”
We value Barb and everything she brings to the Mercury team each and every day!
- The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton (middle school)
- What Happened to Goodbye, by Sarah Dessen,(high school)
Our Middle School & High School Environmental Clubs will be determining their own carbon footprints, examining how much impact they have on the environment. Stay tuned for more info here!
Exciting Development..... Introducing Online Paragon Nights!
Take a moment to see the showcase of student work - truly amazing!
Thank you teachers and a huge thanks to Maria Savoldi for all of her hard work on this!
End of the Grading Period is coming!
- AZ End of Grading Period: October 19th
- CA and Prep End of Grading Period: October 24th
- CO End of Grading Period: October 30th
You will be receiving updates soon on grade reporting, benchmark testing, PSAP completion and conferences, etc...:)
Targeted Learning Series..... What is it?
Each Wednesday at 1pm Eastern, Stephanie Dunbar holds a BRIEF (10-15 minutes) Collaborate session on a "hot topic" pertaining to Mercury. Anyone is invited to attend....... The meetings are held in Stephanie's Collaborate office, which can always be accessed from Desire2Learn.
Next week's topic: Program & Course Offering Updates
Join us if you can:)