Ball Ground STEM & Digital Academy Newsletter
October 4, 2021
News and Information
Hello Ball Ground Families,
Due to the decline in positive Covid cases across the district, CCSD is pulling back on some of the safety measures that were in place beginning tomorrow.
- The visitor ban has been lifted. We are excited to begin seeing and working more closely with parents and volunteers again. Please coordinate volunteering in the classroom directly with your child's teacher. For lunch visitors, we encourage you to reserve these visits for special occasions only as space in our cafeteria is limited. We would like to continue having students skip a seat as we have found it helps in keeping the noise level down and overall behavior in the cafeteria more controlled. Students are still able to visit with friends, but they also finish eating in a timely manner and teachers have reported that it takes less time to get the students back in learning mode when they return from the cafeteria than in previous years. Please keep in mind that our students have not had visitors in the cafeteria in over a year and a half, so they may have forgotten how to act when "company comes for lunch". ;)
- The ban on large group indoor activities has been lifted. This means that we will be able to host our 1st Quarter Tribe assembly (students only) in the gym instead of having to do it virtually again this year. This is a fun event where we recognize our outstanding students and reveal the Tribe that earned the most points for exhibiting our Tribe 5 positive characteristics.
- Field Trips will begin again. Some of our students have never had the opportunity to experience a field trip so we are excited to be able to offer this again. Grade levels will be reviewing possible field trip destinations to plan one off campus trip this year.
Our PTA is excited to be able to host the Fall Festival again this year and will be sending out information soon, but mark your calendars for October 15th from 6-9pm. A fundraiser update will be coming soon as well, but thank you to all families who participated!
Last Friday was National Custodian Appreciation Day and I failed to remind our students and staff of this date. Please encourage your child to show our hard-working custodians, Linda, Lisa, Chris and Frank, some love and support this week!
Support Your Grizzly Football Team!
- 10/5-10/7 - CogAT for 2nd & 4th Grade
- 10/8 - End of 1st Quarter
- 10/11 - PD Day - Student Holiday
- 10/15 - Report Cards go Home
- 10/15 - Fall Festival 6-9PM (Subject to Change)
- 10/19 - Bus Driver Appreciation Day
- 10/22 - Tentative Tribal Celebration
- 10/25-10/29 - Red Ribbon Week