What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley Newsletter ~ November 14, 2017 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
- My Principal's message has been updated for the season ;0) It can be viewed by going to the Hawley website, parents tab then Principal's Message (or click here).
- Your kindness of late has been noted and greatly appreciated: Dinner the night of conferences, the Breakfast Cart, and Veteran's Day breakfast. Thank you for your time, efforts, support, and FOOD!!!!
- Keep those Box Tops and Labels coning in $$$$$. The more you send in, the more money our PTA receives. Also, the student that sends in the most receives their choice of prize (Smore Maker or Slime Lab). Click here for more information.
- The weather is changing. We do believe children need fresh air and exercise. We go out for recess unless the temperature is below 20 degrees (including wind chill). Please have students dress appropriately for the weather.
PTA Monster Mash: Fun Family Event!!!
Hawley celebrated Veteran's Day on Friday, 11/10. We welcomed 31 Veteran's for a wonderful breakfast provided by our PTA. This was followed by an assembly filled with patriotic songs and student writing. It was a terrific day and we thank our guests fro their service and for joining us. Staff and students should be proud of their efforts.
- We will be conducting a Lock DOWN Drill on Wednesday, 11/15 in the morning. I want you aware because students have been practicing and may want to discuss. Also, during the drill we will not be answering phones and cars will not have access to the property as no one will be able to enter or exit the building. Contact me with any questions.
- People dropping off students in the morning are asked to drive through the playground blacktop whether there is a line or not. There is just too much traffic and too little space in the morning for 2-way traffic around back. There have been a few fender benders and too many near misses to count.
- Please adhere to the speed limit while driving in our parking lot and do NOT use your cell phone while driving on school property unless using a hands-free device.
We thank you for your continued understanding and support in keeping everyone safe.
Dates to Remember
*Wed, 11/22: Early Dismissal (1:37 PM)
*Thurs-Fri, 11/23-24: NO SCHOOL~ Thanksgiving Break
*Wed, 11/29: Reading Camp Out: Grades 3 & 4 (click here for more information)
*Thurs, 11/30: Box Tops Prize Awarded (Smore Maker or Slime Lab)
*Wed, 12/6: Progress Reports Available on Parent Portal