Is Solar Energy better than other sources of energy?
In today's society, with the growing demand for energy, solar power could be a good alternative to the conventional forms of energy such as: fossil fuels, petroleum, coal, natural gas, oil, and nuclear power. Solar energy uses the energy given off by the sun to create electrical energy that can be used to power a variety of sources such as common household appliances.
Pros of Solar Power:
- Gives off no pollution.
- The process of producing energy from solar power is silent.
- Works in remote locations such as space and deserts and the Antarctic.
- Doesn't take up much space as an oil refinery; typically installed on rooftops of homes and cars.
- Pays itself off.
Cons of Solar Power
- Expensive installation.
- Only able to create energy during daylight hours.
- Weather and pollution can effect efficiency of solar panels.