Eastwood Academy HS Newsletter - 2021 Back to School Edition
Happy August, Eastwood Families!
- Leadership Team introductions
- Back-to-school check-in schedule
- Photos for ID badges
- Locker assignments
- Course schedules
- Drop off/pick up Map & Instructions
- Student Handbook
- Checklist of task reminders
Ms. D. Morales
Admin over last names A-L
Admin over last names M-Z
Front Office Staff
Technology & laptop distribution
Admissions & student records
Special Education Chair & 504 contact
Ms. B. Morales
Front Desk Receptionist
Details on lockers & photos
Please note that Eastwood does not have enough lockers on campus to provide one for each student. Lockers are 100% optional (and honestly not really necessary) but if a student decides to have one, they must partner with a friend to share the locker. If you wish to pick out a locker on your check-in day, you will only be allowed to reserve the locker if you bring a combination lock with you. This combination must be shared with administration along with the number of the locker you're choosing. Absolutely no lockers will be held for students who come without a lock.
Additionally, all students will take their official ID badge photo when they come for check-in. Please be sure the student arrives photo-ready. This is the image we will use to print the ID badges and to update our student information system.
***PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ADMINISTRATORS ASKING FOR YOUR SCHEDULE OR WHEN YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR SCHEDULE***
Our administrators have been hard at work creating student schedules this summer. For students that are returning to Eastwood, schedules were created based upon the course selections that students were required to complete back in March/April. If the student did not complete this mandatory task, we built the schedule based on the student's past academic record.
For students who will be joining Eastwood for the first time this school year, we created the schedule based upon the final report card submitted (this was due by August 2 by email or turned in at Boxer Camp) and the performance level demonstrated on the Placement Exams taken in May.
Many of you have been able to view schedules in HISD Connect (PowerSchool). Please note that what you see may not end up being your final schedule. We encourage you to stay out of HISD Connect for the purposes of viewing schedules until the week of August 16.
Schedule Change Requests
Students may request changes to their schedule once they have received them. Use the button link below to submit a schedule change request.
***No requests for schedule changes will be accepted before August 17. ***
Please keep in mind that the following are strictly followed when making a change to a student's schedule:
- The order in which a change request has been received
- Whether the requests can be accommodated based on class size and availability
- Credits required for graduation and endorsements
Drop Off & Pick-Up
For the safety of our students and staff please do not drive any faster than 5 mph in our parking lot.
- Only enter the driveway located on Leeland Street.
- All vehicles overflowing from the parking lot must line up along Leeland Street facing north towards Dumble. Please do not block residents' driveways.
- When dropping off/picking up your child please do not stop at the start of the concrete entry way next to the large tree. Pull up to the start of the field area. This will allow the most number of vehicles to enter the driveway as possible.
- Only exit the driveway located on Dumble Street.
- Always follow the directions given by either the HISD Police Officer or our campus personnel.
2021-2022 Student Handbook
Checklist of Task Reminders
- Parent & student sign the PowerUp Agreement Form then email or turn in to Ms. Guajardo: firstname.lastname@example.org (form below).
- Pay the $25 laptop fee online using School Pay (link below).
- Purchase combination lock (if planning to get a locker with a friend).
- Report to campus on the designated day for your grade level to pick up a schedule and take ID photo (see schedule above).
- Review Student Handbook.
- Review drop-off and pick-up map.
Principal Lira's Text Line: 713-351-9050
Principal Lira's Email: email@example.com
Click "Subscribe" within this bulletin if you're not viewing from your email.