September 23, 2022
From the principal
Read on to learn about Hawlemont's week and upcoming events!
- 9/27 - All School (K-6) Hike to Mohawk Trail State Forest
- 10/3- School Committee in library
- 10/7 - Picture Day
- 10/8 - Apple Squeeze at the Little Red School House (volunteer with Ms. Sienna)
- 10/10 - No School, Indigenous Peoples' Day
- 10/11 - Braided Bread order forms due
September early release dates:
1:50 dismissals: 9/21, 9/28
October early release dates:
1:50 dismissals: 10/5, 10/19, 10/26
All School Hike info.
If you signed your child up for a bag lunch from school, we will have it ready for them that morning. Remember a water bottle too!
Kindergarten kids have been learning and practicing many different routines and expectations as they get used to long school days. We balance our focused work times with times to move and play outside. We are thinking about patterns and shapes. We are having conversations, writing and reading about toys and sharing with friends. We have written letters to our principal, Ms. Tulloch, and she has written back to us! Our days are very busy!
Reminder: We don't have snack time on short Wednesdays.
1st Grade News
3rd Grade News
It’s time for 3rd grade to check in and let you know what’s been happening in our room! The first month has been fantastic and fun! We have worked on some group challenges to strengthen cooperative learning skills and Teamwork. Students have been assigned partners for Second Step, EL and Number Corner. We have completed 2 lessons for Second Step, are working on Lesson 3 for EL -Module 1-Overcoming Learning Challenges Near and Far, and are working on Addition and Subtractions Strategies in math. Reading groups and Win groups have been going smoothly, with students remembering the routines from last year. Students continue to earn grit stones, treasure box tickets and tally marks-they earned their second all class reward-Stuffed animal day! Don’t forget that Weekly Behavior reports go home every Friday and need to be signed and returned on Monday.
Barn Chores for us start this Thursday-2:30-3:00-we are excited to get to know our animals again!
You can always e-mail me anytime you have questions or firstname.lastname@example.org
Braided Bread and Classic Cookie Dough Fundraiser
Here is the link to register to sell online..... paper forms are headed home today as well!
Any questions, please call or email Ms. Lovett, email@example.com
Permissions form and Handbook
Many of you have done this, but we are still missing a few. Please take a few minutes to go through this weekend.** We learned there was a problem with the link- It is now working!
The Permissions document is online this year. Please take a moment to fill it out for each student you have here at Hawlemont. Here is the link.
Here is a link to the Handbook as well. Please take a moment to read through this with your student. If you would like a paper copy, please let the office know.
- There are seven 4-H clubs offered at Hawlemont this school year (Baking, Weaving 1 and Weaving II, Outdoor Adventure, Farm Animal Science, Knitting, and Hand Sewing)
- Some clubs are open to specific grades; most clubs have size limits, membership is on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Enrollment forms can be picked up at the school or obtained by email upon request to Sheila Litchfield at firstname.lastname@example.org
- membership is not complete until all forms are received.
- Clubs will start to meet during the first week in October until the last week of May 2023; clubs are held after school.