Titan Tidbits - Parents
Week 24: February 3-7, 2020
If you are able to assist with Duty Free Lunch, please CLICK HERE to signup. As of now, we are desperate for help in February!
Our amazing Media Specialist Long-Term Sub, Mrs. Drake is looking for volunteers to help her shelve books! She can literally use you at any time! If interested, please email Mrs. Drake at email@example.com. She can then give you a quick overview where the books need to be shelved. Thank you for considering this very important volunteering opportunity!
Kindergarten Registration is coming up on March 11 and March 12. On those two days, due to an increased amount of visitors to our school and limited parking, 1.) parents will not be able to come for lunch those days and 2.) we will not have volunteers on that day (unless you are helping with K Registration). If your child has a birthday on one of these two dates, please email your child's teacher and we will work with you to come to lunch on that date.Thanks for your understanding and support as we welcome our new Titans! More information regarding registration is posted below.
CLICK HERE to donate to the TCES Lumberjack Legend's Polar Plunge team! We are currently in 6th Place (see below for details).
Kindergarten Registration opens March 2, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. Click the gray Kindergaten Registration button for more information.
#JustaChicken Assembly, Monday, February 3!!!
Preston Thorne and Langston Moore are authors and former football players for the University of South Carolina. Langston & Preston will be conducting an Author Visit at Tega Cay Elementary on February 3.
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of #JustaChicken (their book), they will be on sale that day only, February 3. Anyone who purchases a book will have an opportunity to have his/her book autographed and personalized. If you have any questions, please contact Kim Hart firstname.lastname@example.org. (Limited quantities available.)
A form to purchase books will come home in this week's folder, CLICK HERE if you'd like to view it beforehand.
Books will not be available after Monday at TCES.
Polar Plunge benefiting Special Olympics
Saturday, Feb. 8th, 12pm
857 Promenade Walk
Fort Mill, SC
We ask that you send in donations in envelopes clearly labeled Polar Plunge or you can drop off donations in the office to Hope Trigg, our awesome receptionist. CLICK HERE to donate online.
Our team name is the Lumberjack Legends!
School Improvement Meeting, 2/10 from 6-7:30
Please note the fourth grade choir singing is from Sugar Creek, not TCES.
Chili Cookoff benefiting the Fort Mill Foundation
Saturday, March 7th, 11am-2pm
1400 A O Jones Boulevard
Fort Mill, SC
We ask that you send in donations in envelopes clearly labeled Chili Cookoff or you can drop off donations in the office to Hope Trigg, our awesome receptionist.
Our team name is the Lumberjack Legends and Meagan Moore, 2nd Grade, will be cooking up our Lumberjack Heart Attack Chili. Meagan was the staff member that won our cookoff at TCES!
Discovery Education/FMSD STEAM Summer Camp
This year's theme: Energy
For the first time, younger students will be allowed to enroll: rising 1st – 8th graders.
Summer camp locations:
OPES- June 22-25
TCES- June 29-July 2
Summer Camp Hours: Both locations: 8-12 (Monday through Thursday Camp)
* In order to guarantee a spot in the summer STEAM Camp, registration must be received by April 24th!
QUESTIONS? Michele Seborowski-Price, STEAM Camp Director: email@example.com
CLICK HERE to register!
Whether you attended our Watch DOGS kickoff event or not, we hope that you will participate in this exciting program by volunteering one or more days this school year as a Watch DOG. Please visit our Sign Up Calendar for more information and to choose a date to volunteer that works for you. You must complete a FMSD Volunteer Screening and sign up for a duty date on the sign up calendar to serve as a Watch DOG.
CLICK HERE for the calendar link to sign up to be a Watch DOG!
If you did not order your shirt, you may purchase one on the day you serve as a Watch DOG for $20 (credit/debit preferred, exact cash/check accepted). Uniform shirts are required so you will be easily identifiable by teachers, staff, and students. Financial assistance available upon request.
If you have any questions about this opportunity to make an impact at Tega Cay Elementary School, please contact Kristen Motte (School Counselor & Watch DOG Program Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Dates!
February: Black History Month
- February 3: #JustaChicken Assembly (books will be sold this day but CLICK HERE to see the website with more information
- February 8: Polar Plunge at the Baxter YMCA (we will be putting a jar in the office to begin collecting donations for Special Olympics)-12pm = Plunge TIME (Team Name: Lumberjack Legends)
- February 10: SIC Meeting at Sugar Creek Elementary, 1599 Farmhouse Drive, Fort Mill, SC 29715 from 6-7:30 with Senator Fanning and Wes Climer, 2 of York Counties Legislators - this will be a time for the legislators to discuss how they plan to address education during this legislative session.
- February 11 & 12: Valentine's Day Grams will be sold on the Stage during lunch
February 17: No School for Students and Staff
- February 17-21: Random Acts of Kindness
- February 19: Clubs, Candids, and Fifth Grade Pano Picture
- February 19: PTO Meet and Greet from 7-9 PM at Killington’s
- February 28: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- March 2: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
- March 4: Spring and Class Picture Day
- March 7: FMSD Chili Cookoff 11-2 pm at Nation Ford High School (Team Name: Lumberjack Legends)
- March 9-12: Teacher Appreciation Week
- March 11 and 12: Kindergarten Registration
- March 13: No School for Students
- March 20: PTO General Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES-Cafeteria
- March 24-29: PTO Online Auction
- March 27: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
April: Diversity Month
- April 2: Spirit Night at Danny's Pizza
- April 6-13: Spring Break
- April 14: Square Art One Packets go home and due back on April 24 (PTO will send out additional information)
- April 24: Family Walk/Bike to School Day & Square Art One One deadline to order
- April 27-May 8: Book Fair
- May 2: Choir performs; Strawberry Festival 10:00 am and Choir performs; Charlotte Knights Game 6:00 pm
- May 4: School Improvement Council Meeting at 2:45 in the Media Center
- May 8: Middle School Visits for 5th Grade
- May 11-20: State Testing, more information later
- May 15: PTO General Meeting at 7:45 am at TCES-Cafeteria
- May 22: Family Walk/Bike to School Day
- May 25: Memorial Day, No School
- May 27: Field Day: Kindergarten and First Grades 8:00-10:30 and Second and Third Grades 11:30-2:00
- May 27: Spirit Night at Bruster's
- May 28: Field Day: Fourth and Fifth Grades 8:30-11:30
- June 3: ½ Day Dismissal at 11:00 am
- June 3: Fifth Grade Promotion @ 8:30 am
- June 4: ½ Day Dismissal at 11:00 am
Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Students, staff, and community will strive to be knowledge seekers and problem solvers in an environment that supports inquiry and risk-taking, while respecting the fundamental values and uniqueness of all individuals.
challenge Excellence, and
maintain a Student-Driven focus
TCES Core Values: