Literacy: Science & Social Studies
UPDATED: Professional Development to Increase Literacy in Content Areas, NEW Starting Date
Information and strategies will be presented enabling secondary Science AND Social Studies teachers to...
- implement the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for Literacy,
- prepare students for success on ACT and future Common Core related assessments,
- embed researched-based instructional strategies with the Next Generation Science Standards Science and Engineering Practices,
- embed research-based instructional strategies with the Michigan Social Studies Content Expectations.
During these sessions teachers will learn specific instructional strategies for teaching reading and writing strategies and processes, work with text sets and text structures, and collaborate with other teachers to add resources to a resource repository.
Friday, Jan. 30th 2015 at 8am
2413 W Maple Ave
Genesee Intermediate School District
This is the first of three dates.
- Friday, 1/30/2015, 8:00 AM-2:30 PM
- Friday, 2/20/2015, 8:00 AM-2:30 PM
- Thursday, 3/26/15, 8:00 AM -2:30 PM
Contact Information: Lisa Hook via firstname.lastname@example.org or (810)-591-4876