Year 2 Newsletter
Friday 5 December 2014
What have we done this week?
- Literacy: We continued looking at non-chronological reports this week and have been learning a report by heart on dragons!
- Maths: Miss Macdonald's group have continued looking at subtraction using a number line this week, and Ms Bintcliffe's group have been learning about greater than and less than, using the correct < or > symbol
- Art: we have started making Christmas decorations :)
- Topic: This week we have learnt about the Bulgarian tradition of the Martenitsa - many thanks to Mr Antonov, who gave us a lovely presentation
- We have also been practicing the production with the children on many occasions - they know their lines and we are now focussing on expression, volume and movement on the stage
- A visit from Dalia's mum to tell us about Hanukkah
- Production dress rehearsal (Monday) and the performances (Wednesday and Thursday)
- Literacy: continuing with non-chronological reports - writing our own version about a fictitious dragon, which they will first design
- Maths: Looking at time and months of the year
- Christmas decorations and festivities
Upcoming Celebration themes
Christmas - ongoing during December
If you would also like to share a celebration or festival from your culture, please email or talk to Ms Bintcliffe or Miss Macdonald as soon as possible.
* Reading book
* Spelling Zappers
* Mathletics/RM Maths 3x a week - if your child doesn't have their RM Maths or Mathletics passwords, please email your teacher who can re-send them :)