Keeping Coaches in the KNOW
September 11, 2015
2. A HUGELY important piece of your role in this implementation is to support teams as they analyze the common formative assessment from the first process they worked on. You might recall in our Exemplars IC meeting in May last year practicing sorting papers on the work mat that looks similar to the picture. After examining the students' work, support teachers as they develop plans of how to move students to the next level.
Kindergarten Video: Process of Problem Solving
Second Grade Video: Process of Making Connections
Third Grade Video: Process of Making Connections
Fifth Grade Video: Process of Problem Solving
Fifth Grade Video 2: Process of Making Connections
3. The teacher table/workstation component of the math block is roughly half of the math workshop. Therefore, workstations should be aligned to the TEKS. Our curriculum writers spent time ensuring that the workstations available on forethought include process standards. It is our recommendation that teams select stations from Forethought as their primary resource. If you are unsure if a teacher/team is using aligned resources, feel free to contact Tammy or Carrie and one of us will come do a learning walk with you.
Grammar Talks are off to a great start. We have much to celebrate!
We have videos that were taken last week for the beginning of the year Kinder that have been added to Eduphoria for your teachers. Please share this update with your teachers.
- Day One: https://youtu.be/XD6mNMcvjcE
- Day Two: https://youtu.be/oRFufOdY2VU
- Day Three: https://youtu.be/SbY4XYy7MWE
- Day Four: https://youtu.be/9vbAyNUz5w0
- Day Five: https://youtu.be/D2duqGwwiMg
Kudos to our LLI Sustainment Team! Maria Hafner, Sherri Stansell, Krystle Mott and Chris Fantauzzo worked hard this summer to develop training resources for ICs to use to train teachers. Everything you need can be found in the following Google folder. The training is designed to be implemented in a 3 hour session or (3) one hour session. The Please let us know if you have questions! Thank you for supporting your teachers and students through Leveled Literacy Intervention.