October 2, 2020
Phase 3 Information for EC-2 Families
Masks- Masks will be worn during the school day by all staff and students. There will be scheduled mask breaks outside throughout the day. Masks may be removed during lunch to eat and outside at recess as long as students are safely social distancing. If students repeatedly break social distancing expectations, they will be asked to wear their mask at recess.
Symptomatic Children- Children exhibiting any “sick” symptoms will be sent home. This includes symptoms such coughing, sneezing, runny nose, temperature, vomiting, stomach pains, and headaches that could be due to other illnesses. In order to keep everyone safe and in-school, this is the protocol we are being asked to follow. If your child has chronic issues such as allergies, migraines, etc. that include these symptoms, please speak with the Eyestone school nurse on how to proceed with documenting this at Eyestone in order for your child not to be sent home due to chronic issues.
- Arrival time is between 7:55-8:10. The tardy bell rings at 8:15 so please arrive promptly between the stated times. Students will not exit cars until 7:55 when duty teachers are available to help transition students inside. There is no recess for students in the mornings before school.
- Parents remain in their vehicles.
- If your child arrives after 8:15, he/she will need to go to the main door to ring the doorbell for entry. Please arrive on time!
- If walking or riding bikes with your child to school, parents will be asked to say good-bye at the bleachers near the softball fields. There will be staff members there to help assist until students get used to the new routine. Help them prepare for their day on their own after a good-bye from you.
Parent Pick-Up - Please see detailed plan above:
- Buses will be using the former car circle, therefore there will be very little parking available for non-staff.
- Students will have two opportunities each week for in-person learning which is a top priority. This allows 3 days a week for any appointments that may be required.
- Therefore, we will not be accommodating early student check-out during this school year, EXCEPT in the case of health room discharges, (or true emergency situations), with direct parent notification by staff.
Before your student begins their hybrid schedule, please take an opportunity to reschedule any activities that will conflict with their in-person learning days.
We appreciate your assistance in making sure your student receives the greatest opportunity to take advantage of in-person learning, plus your understanding and acceptance of these changes.
- Early Childhood teachers are sending information home this week with families regarding arrival and dismissal procedures.
- Please DO NOT pull into the bus circle.
K, 1st, 2nd:
- K-2 parents will enter the car loop by coming east on Wilson to enter Eyestone and turn north into car circle (former bus loop).
- Parents will not park in the lot during dismissal.
- Parents remain in vehicles.
- Students will enter vehicles only in the designated loading zone area. This will help us dismiss traffic in a safe manner once students are in cars. Loading zones will be reserved for the north side and middle portions of the drop off/pick up lane. If you see your child but he/she has not been dismissed to go, please wait patiently. We want to ensure safety in the car loop.
- Duty staff will ask for your child’s name and grade level then call for your child.
- Once your child(ren) enters your vehicle and buckles in, you will be waived on to proceed to the exit.