Kamp Keowee 2016 Update #1
Minutes from Sunday, Jan. 10th Meeting:
- Changed logo to "Krazy Olympics" to emphasize FUN, krazy, creative, age-appropriate Olympic events.
- Determined that Kamp Olympics tuition will remain the same at $160.
- Will designate age level Olympic teams by the Olympic flag colors.
- Changed daily locations (due to the timing of July 4th tear down activities at the Lakehouse) to: July 5th,Tuesday-Falls, July 6th, Wednesday-Lakehouse, July 7th, Thursday-Springs, July 8th, Friday-Marina.
- Will provide free-t-shirts to all volunteers who do not have a child or grandchild attending kamp.
- Will order different color t-shirts for all adult guides and volunteers.
- Changed the volunteer requirement to one day per family regardless of the number of kampers enrolled.
- Added a tubing day at the Lakehouse-will seek out additional tubing volunteers at both the Lakehouse and Springs.
- By popular demand, will request the return of Fire Department scuba volunteers for the Thursday Springs day.
- Will request the return of the Central "Archery Club."
- Will schedule the Chef Francis food demo to conclude by Wednesday at noon.
- For safety purposes, moved the Fire Department Spray to the Lakehouse beach on Wednesday.
- Will investigate the purchase of another lake mat.
- Due to traveling, will scale down the decorations at the lakehouse.
- Will prepare a daily volunteer clean up schedule.
- Encouraged Council members to search the Internet for fun and creative Olympic events. (Team events may differ for age groups.)
FUN Pinterest-Olympic Day Ideas:
Mark Your Calendar--Upcoming 2016 Council Meeting Dates:
4:30 PM Keowee Vineyards Clubhouse
- Tuesday, March 22nd
- Tuesday, April 26th
- Tuesday, May 24th
- Tuesday, June 21st
Adventure Kamp (ages 10-12 overnight adventure)
- Based on 10-12 year old numbers, consider allowing 13 year old Adventure Kamp returnees to attend.
- Try to limit any increase in tuition.
- Consider scheduling WaterSports Central out of Seneca to teach wake boarding and lake "surfing" on the lake fun day.