Weekly News & Notes - May 30th - June 3rd
Upcoming Events . . .
Memorial Day - School Holiday
May 31st - June 3rd:
- 2nd Grade - Peace Valley Classroom Visits
4th Grade Field Trip - Pennsbury Manor
- Chorus, Band & Orchestra Concert - 7:00 PM
- 5th Grade PEN - Robotics Competition at Bridge Valley Elementary School
- 6th Grade Field Trip - Highpoint
- Home & School Association Father-Son Event - Thunderbird Lanes 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
June 3rd - 5th:
- Central Bucks School District Art School - See Information Below
- Titus Spirit Day - Wear Your Titus Gear!
- Kindergarten Lunch Try-It
- Volunteer Tea - 8:45 AM - 11:00 AM - Titus Dining Room
- Home & School Association 2016-2017 Board Meeting
- Home & School Association Spirit Night - Warrington Dairy Queen - See Information Below
- Due Date for BJ's Membership
Paws for Pride . . .
Congratulations to last week’s Paws for PRIDE winners: Connor Lockwood, Riley Reteneller, Kaitlin Sullivan, Eugene Kwon, Alyssa Barry, Carmyn Swenson, and Rithvik Sambedu.
These students were chosen at random to be recognized and celebrated for demonstrating one of our five character traits - Pride, Respect, Individual Responsibility, Determination & Empathy. Thank you to all of the Titus families for your support of our Paws for PRIDE program.
Annual Summer Library Program. . .
Thanks to the overwhelming turn out from Titus families, the Lafferty Test Drive was a huge success and will be used to once again fund our summer library program. The library will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on select Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in July and August. Specific information can be found using the links below:
In addition, each student is encouraged to participate in our summer reading challenge. The challenge contract can be found here. Once the contract is returned to school, a book log will be sent home to monitor goals all summer. Completed book logs are due Friday, September 2nd. Students who meet their challenge will be invited to attend a celebration at the start of the school year. For any additional information and or questions please reach out to Ms. Wallace, Miss Brennan, or Mrs. Byrne.
BJ's Wholesale Club . . .
BJ’s Wholesale Club is once again offering a membership drive at Titus Elementary.
- There is a change in terms from previous years; $35 for 13 months.
- Please include an email address to receive confirmation of your application.
- You do not need to be a Titus family to participate, so feel free to share this opportunity with family and friends.
- Application deadline is Friday, June 10th.
2016-2017 Class Placement. . .
As we begin to prepare for Move-Up Day on June 14th, we will be beginning the class placement process early next week. While Mr. Cashman does not accept specific requests for specific teachers, he will consider any specific character/classroom traits that you feel will benefit your child in the upcoming school year.
Also, if there is a chance that your child may have a "repeat" teacher, for example the same teacher for 6th grade that he/she had in 1st grade and you would prefer a different experience, please let Mr. Cashman know that as well.
All parent input should be directed to Mr. Cashman no later than the end of the day on June 3rd.
2nd Annual May Madness Championship
Mr. Lesher and Miss Anderson recently wrapped up the 2nd Annual 3rd & 4th grade May Madness Tournament, and like all good competitions, it came down to the wire! Congratulations go out to Team Skillz Drillz for winning it all!
Mr. Lesher and Miss Anderson would also like to extend their appreciation for all of the teachers who provided support and enthusiasm of the May Madness Tournament.
Follow us on Twitter . . .
Home & School Association:
Father - Son Bowling Event - June 2nd!!!
The Home & School Association is holding a Father-Son Event for Titus boys and their dad, grandpa, uncle, or another special man in their lives at Thunderbird Lanes in Warminster. Come join the men of Titus for 2 hours of open bowl over 20 lanes (more lanes will be provided based on our RSVP count)
- Cost - $8.50 per person to be paid at the bowling alley upon arrival.
- Date: Thursday, June 2nd
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Thunderbird Lanes, Warminster, PA
Note: Cost includes bowling and shoes. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Any questions or concerns please reach out to Mr. Cashman.