P.S. 188Q Weekly Newsletter
Week of December 12h to December 16th
📢PTA Empower Our Children Donation Drive continues. See the flyer below for more details as well as are being sent home. Check your child's bookbag.
💃🕺Dancing Classrooms will begin soon. Third, Fourth AND Fifth grade students will participate this year. Fourth and Fifth grade will begin in January. Third grade will begin in the spring. We are thankful for Councilmember Lee for funding this project.
🏀We will be having a staff/student basketball game on December 23rd for students and staff only. We will also be hosting our first basketball game of the season on January 23rd. Our first game will be against P.S. 159Q. More information to come.
🥛Please send in water with your students. We do not have water bottles to provide to students.
🚗Stop-Drop-and-Go: We need volunteers to help out at stop-drop-and-go. Please reach out the PTA @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer.
🗨PTA School Store is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday mornings from 7:40-7:55 a.m.
😁The P.S 188 Snack Shack is now selling water. Everything from the Snack Shack is $1. All proceeds will be used for supplies and events for the students.
❄Thank you to all that donated winter decorations. We could always use more. Feel free to donate. The PTA Beautification Committee will be decorating the Main and the Annex for the winter.
Have a question? Contact us:
Help P.S. 188Q Dream, Believe and Achieve Through the PTA Empower Campaign
Student Council Spirit Days are COMING!!!
📢Calling Parents of Children Born in 2018, 2019 and 2020
Dear PS188Q Families,
The NYCDOE invites NYC families with children born in 2018, 2019, and 2020 to join them at a virtual information session covering 3-K, pre-K, and kindergarten admissions. Please see the attached flyers for more information. The dates below are for meetings being held in different languages.
After the presentation, there will be a short question and answer period. Thank you.
Book of the Month Newsletter
📕December Book of the Month Assemblies
There's Still Time to Purchase Books from the Book Fair📚
Thank you for supporting our Book Fair! The online fair is still going on until Dec. 12. You can use the link below to purchase additional books.
- December 12th: 5th grade trip to view Strange World at College Point Multiplex; 3rd grade trip to Alley Pond Conservative Center- Seasonal Adaptations
- December 13th: 1-101 trip to Bayside Historical Society; PreK Parent Meeting with Mrs. Perez-Fung regarding Kindergarten Application
- December 15th: 1-119 trip to Bayside Historical Society; Report Cards Available on NYCSA
- December 16th: Student DEI group meeting @ 7:30 a.m. in Library; Wacky Sweater School Spirit Day; Coffee and Conversations @ 9:30 a.m. via Zoom
- December 16th to December 23rd- Student Council Sponsored Spirit Days
- December 19th: PJ School Spirit Day
- December 20th: 1-102 trip to Bayside Historical Society; Winter Color School Spirit Day
- December 21st: 1-118 trip to Bayside Historical Society; World Peace School Spirit Day; PTA Meeting on Zoom at 7:00 p.m. virtually
- December 22nd: Alley Pond in-class visit to PreK B8 and B9; Wish School Spirit Day
- December 23rd: Royals Merch School Spirit Day; Student/Teacher Basketball game- students only
- December 24th to January 2nd: Winter Recess
Welcome to 2023!!!
- January 3rd: Students return from Winter Recess
- January 4th: Grades 1-5 Book of the Month assembly---wear P.S. 188Q trip shirt; SLT TBD
- January 6th: Safety Meeting 7:30 a.m. via Zoom
- January 9th: PreK and Kindergarten Book of the Month assembly---wear your P.S. 188Q trip shirt; NYC Soapbox Competition @ NYHS
- January 12th: CDEC meeting 7:00 p.m. via Zoom
- January 16th: No School- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 17th: Family DEI Meeting 9:30 a.m. via Zoom
- January 18th: PTA meeting 7:00 p.m. via Zoom
- January 20th: Coffee and Conversations with Mrs. Figueroa and Mrs. Nartowicz; Kindergarten application is due
- January 22nd: Lunar New Year
- January 23rd: P.S. 188Q vs. P.S. 159Q basketball game--further guidance on spectators
- January 27th: Student DEI Meeting 7:30 a.m.