Architecture and Engineer Manager
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
The 5 tasks of this job
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects.
- Direct, review, or approve project design changes.
- Confer with management, production, or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, or findings to clients.
- Prepare budgets, bids, or contracts.
Engineering and natural sciences managers spend most of their time in an office. Some managers, however, also may work in laboratories, where they may be exposed to the same conditions as research scientists, or in industrial plants, where they may be exposed to the same conditions as production workers. Managers tend to work long hours in order to meet project deadlines; in 2008, almost half worked over 40 hours per week. They may also experience considerable pressure to meet technical or scientific goals on a short deadline or within a tight budget.
- Masters degree.
- Bachulors degree.
Yearly salary range and state
Yearly salary is 65,000 to 144,000.