Peak-a-boo! Here I am!
- Have a folder with notes organized by childhood, other important information, and why they are famous
- Write bibliography for all resources
- Have a written report either hand written, GoogleDoc, or GoogleSlides
- Create a mini-poster on their famous person
- Organize important dates into a timeline, and
- Give a short oral presentation on their person.
Speed Place Value
Speed Place Value is a lot like bingo. Student shake the controller to place the colored balls in place value spots. Students then look for numbers that have the correct color in those places. The game is leveled for differentiation.
The 3rd grade team met with the 4th grade team and we discussed things we thought were lacking with the new math program and things the 4th grade teachers really needed us to make sure the student knew before 4th grade. From those meetings we planned out what we will do for math the remainder of May.
We have been working with place value beginning last week and into this week. Students are reviewing:
- the place value chart,
- building and reading large numbers,
- ordering large numbers,
- and identifying the place value and or value of digits in a number.
I also dug in my cupboards and found some really fun place value games that we have been dusting off. Students will play:
- I have, who has
- Place Value War with expanded, word, and standard forms
- Speed Place Value
- 5-7 digit Place Value Top-it
- Ordering Numbers
After place value we will review subtraction with regrouping.