Content Logins (D2L) Report
Q2 Ends Next Week!!
Catch-up Plan Folder
Reference the Pre-DDI Conference emailed out on 1/11/2016
Q2 Work Records
DUE TO HLT On Feb. 5th
It is essential that you are working on collecting and recording work samples for Q2! As you are aware, the directions have changed a bit for this quarter, to make the process simpler for teachers! Just like last quarter, you'll collect the samples on your computer and use your roster to keep track. What's new this quarter is that you will also include the grade information and professional comment for each sample on your roster, so that when you run the merge, ALL of those fields will populate for you on the cover sheets!
The coversheets are loaded in SharePoint for you this quarter - https://sharepoint.k12west.com/sites/CMS/teams/IS-CALA/Teacher%20Manual%20Document%20Library/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fsites%2fCMS%2fteams%2fIS%2dCALA%2fTeacher%20Manual%20Document%20Library%2fContent%20Responsibilities%2fWork%20Record%20Cover%20Sheets%2fSY%2015%2d16%2fQuarter%202&FolderCTID=&View=%7bF9402A6A%2dC9A3%2d4543%2d87E5%2d6EF6B3BD8333%7d
Work Record Roster -
Please pay careful attention to the Work Record Check list, as the “CHECK LIST” needs to be printed and included when mailing your HLT the work records (for Non-Virtual WR teachers only)
- How to print a CGA work sample
- Work Record Check list
Continue to work on these, and feel free to ask your HLT any questions you might have!
Quarter 3 Welcome Calls and ISMAs
Our FAST team will be handling all welcome calls, call notes in TV, and sending out the initial ISMA! THANK YOU FAST TEAM!!
- Once FAST has made contact with the student and the initial ISMA is collected, Teachers will receive an email from the FAST team giving the green light to introduce yourself and begin working with the student.
- Once teachers receive the green light, ensure to call the student and document your welcome call in PATHWAYS. You will use the WELCOME CALL under the area of subject/focus. These calls should be done within 24 hours of receiving the green light email from the FAST Team.
Homeroom Cancellation, 1/25
Professional Development Survey
Q3 Course Set Up
You should be working on your Quarter 3 courses at this point, so please continue to use the attached Course Setup Checklist with our suggested timeline to ensure that all basic elements of your course are ready to go for the start of Quarter 3. Remember that detailed instructions for ALL steps can be found on the Insight NOHS Master Document (link here).
Some SUPER IMPORTANT extra notes:
- On the checklist, you will find that you must submit a Q3 Assignment List. Your list MUST mirror the format in the example list attached to this email. If you have questions, please send yours to me for approval well before the deadline
- A new live session schedule for quarter 3 is now located on the HAT, so please sign up at your earliest convenience!
- For anything that you have set up in a current course that you wish to copy over to your next course, I have attached a job aid on using the LOR (Learning Object Repository)
k12 Content Troubleshooting
In a few rare cases, teachers have discovered a small amount of content missing from NOHS classes. Should you run in to this issue, please report any issues of missing content by submitting a ticket with course offering code or course offering ID to:
Testing Window and RTO DATES
End of Quarter:
No consecutive days off January 26th – February 5th
No consecutive days off April 13th – April 20th
No consecutive days off week prior to testing window open
No days off weeks of testing (April 27th-May 31st )
No consecutive days off week following testing window close
End of Year:
No consecutive days off June 17th – June 24th
When experiencing issues within one of the Internet Browsers remember to always try the following before opening up a ticket.
· Clear your Cache
· Clear your Cookies
· Try another Browser
Note: Google Chrome does not support the most current versions of JAVA. If you are noticing you are not able to view items as before, please switch to a different browser. We have been seeing issues with viewing content in your courses within the NOHS in Google Chrome. It appears to be working fine in both IE & FireFox
Due Dates and Reminders
Jan. 12th: LP-4 Ends; (12/2/2015-1/12/2016)
Jan. 13th: LP-5 Begins (1/13/2016-2/18/2016)
Jan. 18th: Martin Luther King Day (Holiday)
Jan. 22nd: Quarter 3 hangouts Due
Jan. 27th: Last Day of Q2
Jan. 28th - Feb. 3rd: Teacher Work Days (no students)
Jan. 29th: Quarter 2 Gradebooks Due
Jan. 29th: Email Employee Attendance Card
Feb. 4th: Q3 Begins
Feb. 5th: Teacher Self Evaluations DUE
Feb. 5th: Quarter 2 Work Records Due. Mail to HLT Today!
Feb. 18th: LP6 Begins (2/19/2016-3/17/2016)
Feb. 18th: Q3-C1 BTSP & i-Ready Due (New Students Only)
Feb. 22nd: Q3-C2 TSPs Due
Feb. 22nd: Email Employee Attendance Card