NMS Science PLC
December 11th, 2014
- Math/Science Night: please be at your location and setting up at 5:00. Encourage your students to attend!
- Study Habits: We all know that we can tell students to "go home and study" for their semester exam, however, we also know that studying is a learned skill. If you haven't, please give some thought about how you ask your students to study. Here are some options:
- Have someone at home quiz you on your review and get a signature.
- Provide a study outline or template (Review this first, this second, etc.) Record any questions you still have and bring them to class.
- Encourage students to show work/justifications on their CBA. You can offer a work grade as a daily grade for students showing their work on each problem to your specifications.
PLC Time today will be devoted to Backwards Design Planning for 2nd semester. Bring your calendars and unit overviews, and begin with analyzing your standards and creating your assessments.
Atmosphere: Relaxed but focused and productive. Student centered.
Productivity: Every PLC or Planning meeting will end in the creation of a product OR a plan for implementation
4 Essential Collaborative Planning Questions
1. What is it we want our students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?