Super Second Grade News
December Edition #2
Family Fun Night Was A Hit!
Please remember to VOTE!
Tuesday, Feb. 16th 2016 at 8am
Your local polling place
Public Meeting Dates & Other Important Links
Public Referendum Informational Meetings (6:30 p.m.)
Thursday, January 14, 2016
St. Germain Elementary School
Monday, January 25, 2016
Land O' Lakes Elementary School
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Northland Pines High School
Visit the referendum site to learn more and download the informational brochure.
So it's Christmas break... What can we do?
1. Include your child in the holiday cooking and baking. Let them help you read the recipes and measure out ingredients. A great activity to practice reading and math, real world problem solving at its finest!
2. Read a holiday story each night! Create a poster or activity on your families favorite for your child to share after break.
3. Get outside! Go for a hike or a walk on one of our beautiful local trails- Three Eagle Trail, Fallison Lake Trail, among MANY others!
4. Go online to one of our school websites we use in class everyday:
Superkids- Download the app to have access to the decodable reader
If you find your child is having a hard time remembering their login info shoot me an e-mail and I will help!
5. Go to the local library- Olsen Memorial Library and sign up for a library card and check out books!
6. Sing Christmas Carols!
7. Go for a drive around town and check out all of the awesome Christmas decorations.
8. Check out open skating at the rink and go ice skating!
9. Enjoy each other's company! Make popcorn and watch Christmas movies on ABC Family.
Check out the Library Times Library Newsletter
First & Second Grade Looping Teacher
Eagle River Elementary School