St. Paul Newsletter
St. Paul School-Kevin Brever, Principal-November 14, 2014
"On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free."
--Daniel William "Dan" Lipinski (6/14/1955) U.S. Representative for Illinois's 3rd congressional district, serving since 2005
- St. Paul Parish School - Calendar Link
From the Principal's Desk
---What Great News!
---Knights of Columbus Presentation
---St. Paul School to be Featured on the "Scotty Davenport Show"!
---Safe Environment Training Class - 12/3
---ParentPermit.com Registration and Signing Instructions Link
---Fundraising trip to Horseshoe Casino - 11/15
---Saint Andrew Academy Middle School Mixer - 11/22
From Michael House
From the PTO
---PTO Raffle Drawing at Friday Bingo - 12/5
- News from the Classroom
- ---Pre-k Gray!
- ---First Grade
- ---Second Grade
- ---Third Grade
- St. Andrew Academy BUNCO - 10/18
- St. Paul School Class Pictures Video
Stay Connected with EngradePro
From the Principal's Desk
What Great News!
- Yesterday the Archdiocese of Louisville made a Landmark announcement that will change the landscape for Catholic education.
- All members of the archdiocese (pastors, priest and administrators) and most importantly the Archbishop Joseph Kurtz are fully committed to growing our Catholic Elementary Schools. This will directly affect our ability at St. Paul to help and attract more families to be able to provide a Catholic education for their children. This is very exciting and marks a new era in providing Catholic education to all families who wish it in the Archdiocese of Louisville.
- Please go to our facebook at St. Paul Catholic School to read the full article.
- Also, we are not done yet. There is another announcement that will be made in early January. The announcement, being made by the Catholic Education Foundation (CEF), will outline specific plans for Southwest Louisville only. This will have a direct impact on St. Paul and give us fuller leverage (in the form of funds) to attract more families to our school.
SPREAD THE WORD AND LET PEOPLE KNOW THEY CAN GET HELP TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO ST. PAUL.
If more information is needed just call the school (935-5511) and speak to me (Kevin Brever) and I will personally build a plan for them.
Great Day to be Catholic!
Knights of Columbus Presentation
On Friday the Knights of Columbus collected all our old flags in the classrooms and provided a special presentation honoring the flag. The children learned a lot about the flag and significance to our country. The flags collected were then taken to ceremonial burning of “old flags”.
I want to Thanks George (chicken man) and Roy for being here and providing the students the education, on the flag and patriotism, every student should understand.
St. Paul School to be Featured on the "Scotty Davenport Show"!
- Several families attended this great "...opportunity for St. Paul to highlight specific successes happening in the classroom, in the community or through athletics with St. Paul students." held this past Tuesday Night at Roosters.
- Guests had dinner and talked with Coach Davenport. Our students will be featured in the final segment of the Scotty Davenport Show on Sunday at 11:00 a.m. This will be a wonderful celebration of St. Paul's successes!
Online Safety Agreement at ParentPermit.com - DUE 11/1
Fundraising trip to Horseshoe Casino - 11/15
From Michael House - Blanket Louisville Now thru 11/17
Saint Andrew Academy Middle School Mixer - 11/22
From the PTO
PTO Raffle Drawing at Friday Bingo - 12/5
Today we will be sending home chances for the PTO’s “Christmas Cash Giveaway”. This is one of the biggest fundraisers the PTO will hold this year and we are asking for every family’s support.
Last year, the PTO raffled off a week’s stay at Wyndham’s Bonnet Creek Resort. This was a great prize, but many people voiced their concern over the fact that the date of the trip was not flexible. Many thought that $10 was too much for a chance. This year when deciding on a raffle, we took these concerns into consideration. This year’s raffle will offer a cash prize of $2500! Cash that can be spent any time or anywhere you please. The cost of the chance/donation will be $5 for each.
Once again we are asking that every family sell $100 worth of chances. As a reward for selling $100 worth of chances, your child/ren will be given a ticket to participate in field day. Along with your chances, you will receive information on opportunities that you can take advantage of to sell your chances. (Every person who took these opportunities last year was able to sell all of their chances.)
The drawing for the raffle will be held at Friday night bingo on December 5th. We ask that all chances be turned in by Wednesday, December 3rd.
Thank you for your support.
---Kellie Wilson PTO President
News from the Classroom
Our three year olds had a great time learning about Veterans Day and enjoyed making soldiers!
We learned about the letter Kk and the number 1 this week.
We had fun talking about Thanksgiving in art class with Mrs. Lambert and got to make Indian necklaces using all kinds of beads and pasta!
We now have reviewed all our colors and shapes!!
In Religion we learned that God Made Me Good: I can Smile and shared things/people/places that make us smile :)
- First Grade Math and Religion
- This week in Math first grade has been practicing addition through math centers and games.
- We also made windsocks in Religion. Even though you can't see the wind that moves the windsock, it is there. Just like the Holy Spirit is always with us but we can't see him.
- The 2nd Grade just finished talking about animals and life cycles. We will be starting a new unit about Habitats next week.
- In Math we are talking about graphs. This past week we have been discussing and creating picture graphs, bar graphs, and tally charts. We have also been ordering data by finding the range, mode, and median from the information provided in the graphs. We have enjoyed taking surveys to collect the data for our graphs.
Stay caught up on Sacrament Information and link to some very user friendly family resources at the "St. Paul Catholic Community Faith Formation".
Please check your Engrade e-mails regularly so you are aware of happenings in the school.