Mrs. Johnson's Kindergarten News
September 19th - September 23rd
Teddy Bear Day!
"Teddy Bear Picnic"
How tall is your teddy bear?
Which "Teddy Graham" is your favorite?
What We're Learning this Week:
NOTICE: Many skills and concepts will continue to be covered consistently throughout the school year.
- Math: Calendar Math, counting, writing numbers, using ten frames to explore numbers and number relationships through 10, reading and creating a graph, creating AB, ABB, AABB, & ABC patterns, and identifying 3 dimensional shapes: cube, sphere, cone, cylinder.
- Literacy: letter naming, letter discrimination, naming parts of a book, working with rhyming words, working on phonemic awareness and vocabulary and language development, identifying nouns for people and places, animals, and things, and identifying color words.
- Phonics Dance: "sh". Please review: "th" , "ch", "ee", and "oo" as in "hook", "ar"
- Sight Words: he, she, go, have . Please review: I, see, can, the, a, am, like, to, me, my, look, at, is, are, was, you, we (Please help your child learn to identify these words. Making flash cards is most helpful!)
- Handwriting: using the correct pencil grip and forming lower case letters (c, o, s, v, t) on kindergarten handwriting paper, and remembering to “always start at the top”.
- Writing: establishing the writing community, listening to and discussing examples of good writing, using labels to give more info. about a picture, and drawing and writing about objects of various colors.
- Unit: "Apples"
Just a Few Notes...
- LIBRARY BOOKS: In order to check out a new book, all library books MUST BE returned on Wednesday.
- JOHNNY APPLESEED CELEBRATION: We will be wrapping up our unit on "Apples" next Friday with a "Johnny Appleseed Celebration" during snack time. For more information, please see the green note that was sent home in the F.R.O.G. folder today.