eBay Israel Innovation Center
We are hiring: Product Manager, Analyst, Web Developer
eBay IIC is looking for a Product Manager.
As a Product Manager you will work with teams of engineers, designers and business analysts to build innovative web & mobile products across eBay Inc. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial product managers to help innovate and execute product initiatives from an idea to release.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products.
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Lead project management including managing development sprints, backlog prioritization and any other project related processes.
- Work closely with designers to design the UX of new/existing products.
- Take a significant role in product optimization cycles in order to improve key business metrics of live products.
- Collaborate with other teams on and off eBay to determine customer and business needs.
- Proven track record of executing and iterating result-driven technology products.
- Product management experience with internet-based services and applications, especially in the areas of e-commerce.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and/or media products.
- Experience with a variety of web and client-side mobile platforms.
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces and ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups.
- Strong customer and usability focus; experience in driving user-centered design projects highly desirable.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field is ideal.
Senior Web Developer
eBay IIC is looking for a Senior Web Developer.
You will work within a team as a senior software engineer, technically leading major development of applications used by eBay’s marketplace and deployed to production systems.
Responsibilities include: high quality development of web applications (Front end + Back end) that integrate with multiple backend systems; high design and implementation knowledge; support of production applications; and coordination of development tasks amongst team members.
- Over 3 years experience developing with web technologies.
- Over 5 years experience as a developer.
- Fluent in one or more web languages like Java, PHP, Python or Ruby.
- Experience with MVC.
- Proficiency with MySQL or similar relational database.
- HTML & CSS skills with full understanding of web standards.
- Experience using common APIs and web services (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Google) to extend website functionality.
- A strong interest in social networks, with knowledge of the technology/concepts behind them.
- Systems administration ability in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and be able to work in a fast-paced, team-work driven environment.
- BSc computer science, engineering, or closely related discipline.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails and/or node.js
- Experience managing a software development team.
- Experience with cloud architectures.
- Passion for technology.
Senior E-Commerce Analyst
eBay IIC is looking for a Senior E-Commerce Analyst.
The analyst will work within the IIC product team, defining key metrics for new e-commerce products and leading optimization processes for live products on ebay.com. The analyst will be responsible for generating BI & web analytics reports in addition to leading the insight-driven development process in which the analyst would be required to analyze the reports and come up with new hypothesizes and insights to drive new features and development cycles.
- Lead the ongoing product analysis process and provide useful insights to optimize and improve IICs products.
- Develop new frameworks, models and processes turning key insights into actionable decisions and business operations.
- Deliver informative, well-organized communication of insights and recommendations to internal partners.
- Compile cross-platform consumer engagement data from client platforms and programs and develop client-facing reports with quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Lead experimentation processes in order to optimize main product flows.
- You will be looked upon for strategic guidance on how to define and measure success on any given platform. In addition, you will help set up efficient data collecting processes, present reports to senior clients, keep abreast of analytics tools, design reporting templates, compile competitive reports, etc.
- 5-6 years strong SQL experience.
- 2-3 years experience with different web analytics tools (e.g Google Analytics, KissMetrics, MixPanel).
- Deep understanding of consumer web products.
- Experience in Web Product management.
- Strong analytical skills and creativity for leading analysis and optimization processes.
- Experience in optimization of web products, funnels and processes.
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, innovative, fast growth environment.
- Collaborative team player with ability to work in large, global cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills in Hebrew and English required.