Buckingham Elementary School
The Mighty Knight Connection - February 2013 - Issue 4
Information & Upcoming Events
- Feb. 18 - NO SCHOOL - President's Day
- Feb. 20 - Market Day Pick-Up - Gym Foyer
- Feb. 25 - 6th Grade Assessment Begins - Vollman
- Feb. 26 - School Board Meeting - 16 Welden - 7:30PM
- Feb. 28 - Kids Castle Meeting - Lenape Middle School - 7:00PM
- Mar. 1 - Read Across America Day - Dr. Seuss Assembly (Students Only)
- Mar. 1 - 6th Grade Assessment Begins - Radcliff
- Mar. 1 - Family Fun & Fitness Night - 6:30-8:00PM (Reschedule Date)
- Mar. 1 - iRun-4-Life - Last Day to Register
- Mar. 5 - Middle School Orientation for 6th Grade Students - 7:00PM
- Mar. 7 - Spirit Assembly, Magic of Physics
- Mar. 8 - 6th Grade Assessment Begins - Williams
- Mar. 10 - Daylight Savings (Spring Forward - Sunday)
- Mar. 12-15 - PSSA Writing Assessment - 5th Grade Only
- Mar. 15 - PTO Family Fun Night - Bingo
- Mar. 17 - St. Patrick's Day (Sunday)
- Mar. 18 - Reading Olympics - Mill Creek Elementary
- Mar. 18-22 - Scholastic's Spring Book Fair - Library
- Mar. 20 - PTO General Meeting - Featuring Mr. Jason Bucher, Holicong Principal
- Mar. 22 - Early Dismissal - 12:10PM (PM KDG attends in morning ONLY)
- Mar. 22 - Buckingham Day at Chuck-E-Cheese, Warrington - PTO
- Mar. 25 - Passover Begins (Sundown through 4/2)
- Mar. 26 - Annuak IOC Drill - Schoolwide AM
- Mar. 26 - iRun-4-Life Training Begins - Registered Students Only
- Mar. 28 - NO SCHOOL for Students - Spring Portfolio Conferences - By Appointment
- Mar. 29 - NO SCHOOL - All Schools Closed on Good Friday
- Mar. 31 - Easter
Saving Kids Castle
You are invited to attend a:
Kids Castle Town Hall Meeting
On Thursday, February 28th @ 7:00 p.m. at Lenape Middle School
313 W. State Street, Doylestown.
Please see the attached website www.savekidscastle.org.
National School Breakfast Week
"Stop Cyberbullying" Workshop
The Central Bucks East Cluster is offering parents of children in any grade-level an opportunity to attend the Network of Victims Assistance (NOVA) presentation on Stopping Cyberbullying - a 60-minute parent program on the "prevention of cyberbullying".
This informational session will take place at 7:00PM on Thursday, March 7th, 2013 in the cafeteria of Cold Spring Elementary School.
For more information, please CLICK HERE.
Winter Weather & Recess
CB Cares Boomerang Nominations
February: #22 School Engagement:
Young person is actively engaged in educational activities inside and/or outside of school. They take learning a step further and by their actions and enthusiasm serve as a role model to others
iRun-4-Life at Buckingham!
CB School Board Briefs
At the February 12, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Lenape String Quartet performance before the school board meeting.
2. Heard the Academic Spotlight about the Career Planning Report from Lisa Corr and Ginny Barrett.
3. Heard the Superintendent’s Report and Communications, Finance and Operations Committee Reports.
4. Approved School Board Minutes.
5. Approved the Resolution for the Tax Collection Procedures and Tax Collector Pay for
6. Approved the Bucks County IU #22 Programs and Services 2013-14 Budget.
7. Approved the Construction Contract and Equipment Purchases as follows:
-HVAC Equipment Contract for Holicong to Myco Mechanical - $244,800
-Backhoe from Plasterer Equipment Company - $65,600
-Scissor Lift from Mobile Lifts - $17,260
8. Approved various personnel items and student trips.
9. Discussed process for construction of the CB East Stadium. There will be a public hearing regarding the project on March 19 at 7:00 p.m. at Lenape Auditorium.
Buckingham Elementary School
Buckingham, PA 18912-0158
Principal, Karl Funseth
Principal's Secretary, Janice Petrie