PCA Weekly News
Week of Nov. 30th - Dec. 4th
A Peek at the Week
It's hard to believe that it's already December. Time just seems to be going by so quickly. Following our Thanksgiving recess, students were busy at work this week. Only 10 more school days remain until Christmas break. Needless to say, teachers and students have been busy preparing for Christmas. They have decorated their Christmas trees, made ornaments, and continue to practice their songs in preparation for our Christmas Program. It has been very festive at school lately. We will continue to learn about the Christmas Season as we celebrate the birth of Jesus.
Xronia Polla to Father Andrew
The entire student body and all teachers gathered into the church to wish Father Andrew a very Happy Namesday. We celebrated the Feast Day of Saint Andrew on November 30th. Students presented Father Andrew with homemade cards and plenty of well wishes. Father Andrew plays a pivotal role in the lives of your children. He welcomes all of us on a daily basis, leads morning prayer, explains major feast days in the chapel, and participates in Bee the Be with the 1st-5th graders. We are very thankful for Father Andrew and his influence on our students.
4th/5th Graders Go Shopping
Every Friday, the 4th/5th grade students go shopping in their classroom. They have created a store full of goodies. I had a chance to visit their store while students were shopping. The store had candy, colored pens, dry erase boards, pencils, notepads, and a bunch of other fun items. Students get to spend the incentive money they have earned throughout the week for making good choices. The more good choices made, the more money students receive, so the more shopping they can do.
Acts of Kindness by our 2nd/3rd graders
Our 2nd and 3rd grade students participated in various acts of kindness all week. They did a different act everyday. Yesterday, they passed out snowflakes and candy to all of the teachers. Today, students made posters with inspirational quotes and displayed them throughout the school. The poster that was posted on the office door stated "pay it forward." That saying certainly rubbed off on students and teachers. Pay it forward simply means try and put a smile on someone's face without expecting anything in return. While I was visiting the 4th/5th grade students shopping with their incentives money, a student bought me a purple pen. That was such a kind gesture and certainly put a smile on my face.
Our Kindergarten students enjoy their Daily 5 rotations. Students discover the mystery word while in word work, students work on the computers, they read to self, all while Mrs. Nicole reads with students.
Our preschool students learned about the letter J for Jesus. They leaned about the story of Christmas and the birth of Jesus. Students enjoyed singing and dancing while learning about the true meaning of Christmas.
Fun Run Winners
Congratulations to our 1st grade students for raising the most money. The 1st grade students have won a pizza party to reward them for all of their hard work!
Congratulations to Despina in pre-kindergarten for raising the most money in the entire school. Despina will receive a $50 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods for all of her hard work!
Monday, December 7th
- Hot Lunch - Fish sticks and veggie
- Greek Dance - After School (please provide snack)
Tuesday, December 8th
- Destination Imagination-After School (please provide a snack)
Wednesday, December 9th
- Church Day - Conception of the Theotokos
- Be sure to return communion forms
Thursday, December 10th
- Lego Club - After school (please provide snack)
Friday, December 10th
- Sports Club - After School (please provide a snack)
Monday, December 14th
- Pajama Day
- Students may come to school dressed in their pajamas
- Hot Lunch -Macaronia
- Greek Dance - After School
- PPO Meeting at 6:45pm
Tuesday, December 15th
- Destination Imagination - After School
Wednesday, December 16th
- Scholastic Book Fair Opens
- Hours: 8:30am - 8:55am & afterschool
Thursday, December 17th
- Church Day - St. Dionysios
- Lego Club - After School
- Scholastic Book Fair Hours: 8:30am - 8:55am & afterschool
Friday, December 18th - Christmas Celebration
- Christmas Celebration from 9:30am until 11:30am
- Our PPO will provide breakfast with Santa, followed by a craft, and a Christmas story read by Father Andrew
- Parents are welcome to have breakfast with their children
- Please contact your room mom or our PPO at pythagoras.parents.organization.com to volunteer
- At 11:30am, students will be escorted to their classrooms to play games with room parents who have signed up to host the classroom party.
- At 12:00pm PPO will provide a pizza lunch
- Students do NOT need a lunch or a snack on this day - only a water bottle
- Students may wear nice clothing for the Christmas Program that will take place at 1:30pm
Friday, December 18th - Christmas Program @ 1:30pm
- Our Christmas Program will begin promptly at 1:30pm
- Students are to remain with their class for the entire program
- The program should end at approximately 3:00pm
- Dismissal will take place in the classrooms
- Dismissal will take place 2 classes at a time to avoid congestion up in the hallways
- All siblings will be dismissed together in the eldest siblings classroom
- When your child's classroom is announced for dismissal, you may proceed upstairs and sign out your children
- We ask that you respect our policies in order for a smooth and safe dismissal
- Scholastic Book Fair hours: 8:30am - 8:55am and immediately following the program
- December 21st - January 1st
- Classes Resume on Monday, January 4th
Save The Date
New Year's Eve Party - Friday, January 8th
- Hosted by our PPO
- For all PCA Families
- More information will be available soon
3rd Annaual Gala - Saturday, February 20th
- Empress Banquets
- Adults Only
- Cocktails and Dinner
- Silent Auction
- More information will be available soon
We will no longer be offering Smart Lunches due to low participation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please be sure to dress your children appropriately for outdoor recess.
After School Clubs
Please be sure to provide a snack for your children.