LHISD Community Message
Building Champions in Academics, Character, and Community
Happy Thanksgiving Panther Nation!
Williamson County moved into the RED phase for COVID yesterday, as is most of the state. Please stay diligent. As of right now, all schools will open for in-person learning when we return on Monday, November 30th. If there are any new developments, we will communicate them to you through our district-wide communication channels via email, district website, mobile app, and social media platforms.
I am grateful to serve you. Stay well!
BOARD BRIEFS 11-16
Recognition - Champions of the Month
Student of the Month
- Liberty Hill Elementary - Noah Eaton
- Bill Burden Elementary - Titus Pituch
- Rancho Sienna Elementary - Hartley Wehring
- Santa Rita Elementary - Morgan Pham
- Liberty Hill Intermediate - Spencer Ballew
- Liberty Hill Junior High - Mason Hunter
- Liberty Hill High School - Piper Ilgen
- Maria Galindo - Santa Rita Elementary
- Sheri Durham - Liberty Hill Intermediate
- CFO Mrs. Guerrero presented an overview of School FIRST (Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas) and Liberty Hill ISD's Superior rating.
- Procedures for Naming Schools
- " Loop 332/Bailey Lane Project" presented by Curtis Steger and Lacie Hale
- Approved the action of right-of-way dedication to Williamson County at CR277
- Approved the Design for Elementary Campuses
- Approved the Land Surveying for Junior High
- Approved Sledge Engineering for the Facility Planning and Project Management Services
- Andrea Acosta, 8th grade Social Studies Teacher-replacing Mrs. Townes LH Intermediate
- Elisha Parker - Budget Analysis - new position Business Office
- Todd Washburn - Asst. Superintendent Teaching, Learning & School Leadership-Replacing Dr. Hicks
Champions of the Month
New Board member Terry Smith
New Board Member Kendall Carter
Secretary - Anthony Buck
Vice President - Kathy Major
Superintendent- Steve Snell
President - Megan Parsons
LHISD SUPERIOR RATING
Liberty Hill ISD’s financial management and reporting system.
“We are very pleased with Liberty Hill ISD’s School FIRST rating and the outstanding work of
our CFO, Mrs. Guerrero, and her team,” said Liberty Hill ISD Superintendent Snell. This rating
and their fiscally responsible work show that our district is making the most of our taxpayers’
dollars. It also shows that Liberty Hill’s schools are accountable not only for student learning,
which Liberty Hill ISD received an “A” on the Accountability ratings from TEA but also for
achieving these results cost-effectively and efficiently.”
Board Announces the new Asst. Superintendent of Teaching, Learning, & School Leadership
Liberty Hill ISD Education Foundation- YOU can #makeTHEdifference
1. DELL Member Purchase Program - Shop for your Christmas, Birthday, Graduation, or tech needs on the LHEF website that gives you exclusive savings, and LHEF will receive a contribution from your purchase with DELL. This program is available anytime and for anyone in our Panther extended family, so share out our member number and URL. Read the information below.
2. Christmas shopping? Make sure to shop local at the Holiday Around the Hill! Support our businesses who give back to our schools and district day in and day out. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Liberty Hill Education Foundation. Amazing! See the businesses participating in the flyer below.
Community Input - Naming New Schools
The Board of Trustees wants your input on the names of the new Middle School and Elementary (Intermediate renovated) school. Fill out this form to voice your choice as we build for the future.
After Hours Reporting Line & Holiday Travel
Panther Family as Williamson County moved to orange, let's all be mindful and keep up our guard while we're on holiday break. You've been doing a great job, let's continue doing the daily healthy practices to keep our schools open.
Over the holiday break, remember to use the COVID after-hours reporting line on our district Return to Learn website to help our health services team stay informed so we can keep all our Panthers safe.
As you begin making travel plans for the upcoming holidays, parents keep in mind LHISD may ask students to quarantine depending on the area of travel. Let's be vigilant to help keep the spread down in our Liberty Hill community.
Thank you to Two Brand It for joining us and donating to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Our community purchased 267 shirts, equaling $1,335 donated!
Classic Bank delivered a wonderful lunch to Central Office today, giving our staff a wonderful treat that we are so appreciative of- THANK YOU!!! #blessingsgalore
Due to the increase of COVID cases within our schools and community, ticket sales for athletic events, at this time, will only be offered to the families of the student-athletes participating in the events.
Community health data continues to change in our Liberty Hill ISD community, and we are continuously monitoring this information and adjusting our plans accordingly.
We know these are challenging times, and thank you for your understanding and cooperation. The safety of our students, staff, and community members is our priority.
The Lady Panthers played hard last night in their Bi-District playoff game against Alamo Heights. Their efforts were to no avail and ended their 2020 season. We are so proud of the players and coaches as they made the leap to 5A and represented Liberty Hill in true champion style.
Good luck to the seniors, you will be missed!
PANTHER FOOTBALL - There are now two options to follow Panther Varsity Football online.
- Victory Radio Network will be broadcasting the Friday Night Varsity Football games.
- NFHS Network will now stream all home varsity and sub-varsity games.
Last Saturday, the Panthers were up by 2, then down by 1, and Daniels hits a buzzer-beater for the win over a tough Copperas Cove team. Watch the exciting ending on the video below- it's going to be another exciting season for the Running Panthers!
Tuesday night the Running Panthers beat St. Michaels 58-51 - well-done boys!!
CONGRATS Lady Panthers and Coaches! The Liberty Hill varsity basketball team won last Saturday's home non-conference game against Copperas Cove by a score of 45-43.
They came up short at Tuesday's home non-conference game against Ellison by a score of 58-50. Good luck tonight against Vandegrift!!
Boys & Girls Golf
The kick-off of the season is going great. They just finished back to back days of golf. The boys played Monday and the girls played today. This tourney was a scramble format. The boys shot a 70 and the girls shot a 71. Great job LH!
Girls from left to right: Sarah Baker, Morgan Poulain, Brooklyn Huckaby, and Emma Walz.
Boys from left to right: Dhanush Kondapalli, Connor Sanders, Aaron Hurst, and Paul Maderia. Reese Vickers has also Golfed with the team this season.
Congratulations to Ayanna Donwerth who will be running at the State XC meet in Round Rock on Nov. 23rd! OUTSTANDING JOB AYANNA!!
Run fast, run strong- LH proud! We're cheering you on!
Be safe and mask up Panther Nation! #LHsafetyfirst #K9cuteness
FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK @libertyhill.isd AND TWITTER @lhisdcomms
Liberty Hill ISD. Building Champions in Academics, Character, and Community