Timberview Family Newsletter
September 19, 2014
Take the First STEP Together
The Five a Day challenge starts on Monday September 22nd to 26th.
You will receive the Five a Day card in Advisory on Monday.
· Check off a box for each day you choose 5 a day!
· Write your name and grade on the card. TMS will be entered in a district drawing for both Intermediate and Middle.
· Return the cards to the cafeteria on Friday the 26th.
· Don’t forget to mark off boxes on the month long BINGO competition. Turn your cards into the nurse October 10th. The BINGO card will have individual and family activities.
· Send in a video or photo to Nurse Danielson your name will be entered in a drawing for an ITunes card so you can download some new tunes to exercise to! There will be a winner from each grade.
· If you have a blackout BINGO when you turn in your cards on October 10th your name will be entered in a drawing for a one day pass to NRHO2 for the 2015 season. There will be a winner from each grade.
Yearbook staff is searching for pictures of students on their family vacations. Whether you went to Cancun or Kalamazoo we want to see where your TMS student went this summer. Please email photos with the student’s full name, grade and advisory teacher along with where the photo was taken and when to Jennifer.Bass@Kellerisd.net. Your photo may be selected for the summer photo spread in the yearbook.
The yearbook can be purchased online at https://yearbookforever.com/# for $40. The TMS Yearbook is a full color chronological history of the 2014-2015 school year. Don’t miss a chance to purchase a record of the school year for your student.
These are highlights of upcoming events. For the full calendar, including all TMS sporting events, please check out our web site calendar!
Sept 23- Keller ISD Marching Band Expo @ Keller ISD Stadium
Sept 26- School wide Fundraiser Kick Off
Sept 26- Fast Fours Volleyball Tournament
Sept 30- PTA General Assembly Meeting
Oct 2- PTA Dining Out Night @ Chick-fil-A
Oct 3- TMS Band @ Timber Creek High Football Game
Digital Parent Summit
Dates and Times
Option 1: Sept. 23 (5:30- 8:00 PM)
Option 2: Sept. 27 (9:00- 11:30 AM)
Option 3: Sept. 27 (1:30- 4:00 PM)
The Education Center, 350 Keller Pkwy, Keller, 76248
What topics will we learn about?
You can choose to attend up to 4 sessions. The session choices are:
- Home Access Center (Gradebook)
- Google Apps for Education
- Digital Citizenship
Fast Fours Volleyball Tournament
Join the TMS STARS for some great music, excitement, and a whole bunch of fun on September 26th at 6:30 PM in the TMS gym. For more information, contact Mrs. Bass email@example.com.
Hawk Club (Dads' Volunteer Group)
Hawk Club volunteers perform a variety of tasks including assistance with arrival and dismissal of students, monitoring in the lunchroom, supervising students during transitions, helping in classrooms, assisting teachers, and providing support for school safety.
Criminal Background Check
Keller ISD policy requires that every volunteer must complete and submit a criminal history background check form before interacting with students. A new criminal history background check form must be completed by volunteers each school year.
Join today and make a difference in the lives of our students!
Kroger Donations to PTA
You may enroll online your Kroger Plus card at the website www.KrogerCommunityRewards.comand link Timberview Middle School PTA to have Kroger donate a percentage of sales to the Timberview PTA. No more flyer to bring to the cashier. TMS PTA Rewards number is 90463. Or you may select our organization from the list and click on confirm once you register your card online. Thank you for supporting the TMS PTA!
Dining Out Nights
Every year the PTA and several restaurants work together to raise money to help Timberview kids. The following is a list of restaurants and dates that are participating so far; be sure you mention Timberview Middle School when you go!
Chick-Fil-A, Alliance- Thursday, October 2
Plucker's, Alliance- Tuesday, November 18