A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Coffee with the Principal
Thursday, Oct. 4th, 8:15-9:15am
Grant School Library
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Reporting your student absent? You Can Call or Email Us
New Grant Gear!
Grant's Got Talent!, Auditions 10/5 Afterschool, Show 10/26
Upcoming Author Visit on October 17th
We are so excited to welcome author, Jon Agee to Grant on October 17th. His book, The Wall in the Middle of the Book tells the story of a hero–a young knight–who is sure that the wall protects his side of the book from the dangers of the other side–like an angry tiger and giant rhino, and worst of all, an ogre who would gobble him up in a second! But our knight doesn’t seem to notice the crocodile and growing sea of water that are emerging on his side. When he’s almost over his head and calling for help, who will come to his rescue? An individual who isn’t as dangerous as the knight thought–from a side of the book that might just have some positive things to offer after all!
November 2 through 4- Shop and Donate with Copperfield's bookstore. Mention Grant at the checkout register and they will donate 20% of all your purchases back to our school.
Shamrock Jog-a-thon Fast Approaching 10/12
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/grantelementary
- Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”
- Follow the instructions on-screen to register students
- When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to family and friends and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. Then, you can track your pledge progress.
Get your socks here...and your ice cream too! Order by 10/5
Grant Shamrock Yearbook! Purchase Before 9/30/18 to Get 15% Off
Those custom pages were so cute last year, we're doing it again! Order now and get 2 custom pages, plus the ability to add in photos throughout the year when you take them.
- Go to www.TreeRing.com/validate 2
- Enter Grant's passcode:1015022997383930
- Regular Price: $22.75
Is There an Accountant in the House?
Every so often, as per state PTA rules, the Grant PTA undergoes a financial audit. The process takes a few hours of work. Once it's done, you're done. This is not an ongoing commitment. The audit checklist is pretty easy to use as a guide for an effective audit.
Any help or direction to someone able to help would be so appreciated.
Hurry! We have a few programs with some spots left for Fall After School Enrichment Classes -
For a full class description, starting dates, costs and registration details, go to the site link below for the class you are interested in, find the flier on the Grant Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/grantshamrocks/, or email@example.com for a specific flyer.
- Art With Masters - Mondays, K-3rd. ArtandSoulSchool.com Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Move Over Mozart Piano Lessons - Tuesdays, K- 6th. Register at www.mozartpianolearning.com
- Spanish Class - Wednesdays for K-6th. Register: IESLanguages.org contact email@example.com
- Chess Classes through Chess for Kids - Mondays, K-6th. chessclubforkids.com; or call 707-527-6427
- Sewing Classes through Sally Palmer - Fridays, K-6th. To enroll, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls On The Run, Still Accepting Students
Walk & Roll to School Day on Wednesday, October 3rd
Important Upcoming Dates
September 29 PTA "We Love the 90's" Party
October 3 Walk to School Day
October 5 Talent Show Tryouts
October 12 Talent Show Practice #1
October 12 Jog-a-Thon
October 15 No School - Teacher In-Service Day
October 19 Talent Show Practice #2
October 26 Talent Show
October 26 Jog-A-Thon Monies Due
October 31 Grant Halloween Parade (10:40 am)
Thank You's from the PTA:
- Thank you to everyone who came out for the September PTA meeting.
- Many thanks to school board candidates Phoebe Libarle Ellis, Mady Cloud, Sheri Chlebowski and Mike Baddeley for coming to speak at the PTA meeting and to Kelli Blackwell Agin for organizing