LHR Monday Memo
January 18, 2016
Rather Junior High...Home of the BEST STUDENTS and TEACHERS in Texas!
Mon, 1/18- Staff Development Day 8:00am-3:00pm
Tue, 1/19 - 3rd Quarter & 2nd Semester Begins
Thur, 1/21 - Pep Rally @ TRIBE time
Thur, 1/21 - Campus Leadership Team Meeting @11:30am
Thur, 1/21 - Basketball vs Community (Boys-here; Girls-away)
Fri, 1/22 - 8th Grade Field Trip to Perot Museum
Staff Development Day Schedule
- 8:00-9:00am = Faculty Meeting in Computer Lab
- 9:00-11:00am = Tech Training with Rory Lacy in Computer Lab
- 11:00-12:00noon = Lunch on your own (do not return late)
- 12:00-3:00pm = Department Meetings / Disaggregate Benchmark Data
If you aren't a core subject area teacher you will need to pick a core subject area to go with during the afternoon to help them with the data.
- Every teacher should have a Substitute Folder/Binder that is easily visible and accessible when you are absent. We have had a lot of subs in the building lately and we have had trouble locating sub folders for many teachers. Please see the LHR Staff Handbook in your teacher binder for sub folder requirements.
- MAKE SURE YOU MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO HAVE YOUR DUTY COVERED WHEN YOU ARE ABSENT. (BEFORE SCHOOOL, AFTER SCHOOL OR LUNCH). We can't have students unsupervised when you are absent.
- S.T.A.R. Card staff input charts for 2nd quarter will be sent out in the next week or so. Be prepared to mark off students who do not meet program criteria. (See information in your teacher binder.)
- Please continue to monitor students during all transitions. All hands on deck during passing periods will help reduce student behavior issues.
- A BIG thank you to Susie, Ruthann and Beth for wearing so many hats during testing week and for keeping things running smoothly even on the craziest of days last week.
- Kuddos to Tammy Balch and Michael Burkard for putting their creative heads together to come up with a School Board Appreciation Month gift from LHR. Thanks also to those who offered to help with those projects. They look AWESOME!