Journey Through Sixth Grade
Week of November 16th
Things to look forward to...
- November 16: Book Fair Parents' Author Breakfast, 8-10 am
- November 17 & 18: Book Fair Donuts with Dads, 7-8 am
- November 20: Last Day of Soup Drive for Thanksgiving (will continue to collect for Christmas as well)
- November 24: Thanksgiving Prayer Service, 2:00 pm
- Wednesday-Friday, November 25-27: No School, Thanksgiving
- Monday, November 30: Advent Prayer Service, 8am
- Tuesday, December 8: Mass of the Immaculate Conception, 9am GYM
- Friday, December 11: Mother's Christmas Luncheon
- Tuesday, December 15: Christmas Concert, 5:30pm St. Andrew Church
- Friday, December 18: Christmas Prayer Service, 9:10am GYM
HALF DAY - noon dismissal
Thanksgiving Meals for Our Lady of Guadalupe School
We are also hoping to supply 6 of the families with a Thanksgiving Meal. We already have 2 Turkeys donated. If your family would like to contribute to one of the 6 Thanksgiving meals please email Ms. White and include what you would like to donate. For more information talk to your 6th grader.
BIKES, SKATEBOARDS, AND ICRUZES
Just a reminder that these are only allowed on campus if they are used as a means of transportation to and from school. They should be stored in a safe place during the school day; students are not allowed to ride them on campus.
Hover Boards are NOT allowed on campus.
Book Fair News
Donuts with Dad's and Special Friends
Validated parking will be available in the Sheraton/Convention Center parking lot between Cordova and Green on November 17 and 18 for Donuts with Dads, 7-8 am. Lot entrances are on Marengo, Euclid and Cordova. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis. Bring the parking slip you receive upon entering the above lot to MJS, and we'll provide a validation ticket in the HPAC at the Euclid Avenue entrance. Parking is free with validation only; you will need both the parking slip and validation ticket to exit the parking lot.
Students applied their knowledge of the Sumerian Civilization to create an iPhone for a Sumerian.
iPad app examples included
a game called "Control other Cities" and a map service called "Water Near you."
as well as a location services application called “Find My Ziggurat”