Plano Band Weekly Announcements
May 1-6, 2023
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far we can go." ~TS Eliott
Thank you for a fantastic spring trip!!!
Reminder: 2023-2024 Jazz Audition Info & Music is now available! Check the 2023-2024 Plano Band Google Classroom for more info!
THE FOLLOWING PRISM CHAMBER ENSEMBLES MUST BE PRACTICING TWICE A WEEK TO PREPARE FOR PRISM CONCERT:
Radke WW Quintet, Zheng WW Quintet, Springer Brass Quintet, Dobrott Sax Quintet, Hornok Brass Quartet, Dahlberg Euphonium Trio, Horn Quintet, Trombone Choir, Saxophone Ensemble
2023-2024 PLANO BAND INFORMATION!
1. 2023-2024 PLANO BAND GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- current sophomores and juniors must join immediately!!! Click link below!
2. 2023-2024 REMIND GROUP
- CURRENT Juniors: Text 81010 with message @goplano to join group "PLANO BAND SENIORS"
- CURRENT Sophomores: Text 81010 with message @pbjuniors to join group "PLANO BAND JUNIORS"
3. All current sophomores and juniors are required to join these two groups immediately!
4. Subscribe to the 2023-2024 Plano Band calendar below!
Or join using join code sn24r2g. All current sophomores & juniors should join immediately!
GOALS FOR THE WEEK
1. To commit to preparing for the Prism Concert to the best of our ability every day
2. To ace those AP exams!!!
EVENTS THIS WEEK
1. AP Testing, this week
2. 2023-2024 Officer Candidates Nominations, ENDS Today
- Current juniors interested in becoming an Officer may now hang campaign posters/flyers in band hall and adjacent hallways
3. Section Leader Performance for Retiring School Board President, TODAY 5:00p in PSHS Cafe
- Call-Time: 4:30 in Band Hall; ATTIRE - Dri-fit shirt/jeans
4. Band Banquet Ticket Sales, Purchase tickets beginning TOMORROW here
- Ticket sales END May 12
5. Full Orchestra "Pops" Rehearsal, Tomorrow 4:30-6:30p.
6. Prism Concert Online RESERVED Ticket Sales, BEGINS Thursday / ENDS May 16
- Purchase tickets here. Tickets are $10 each
- ALL TICKETS ARE RESERVED. Families are encouraged to purchase tickets early to select your seat(s) of choice!
- This concert will sell-out, so purchase tickets ASAP!
- There is no limit to the number of tickets a family can purchase
- Remaining tickets (if available) may be purchased for $12 on Thursday, May 18 (day of concert) from 4:30-6:00p in the Ticket Office in the lobby of the Fine Arts Building
6. Spettacolo, Friday @ 7p, Saturday @ 1p, Saturday @ 7p
DUE THIS WEEK
1. SENIOR/TODDLER Pictures - PAST DUE!!!!!! Turn in immediately!!!
- Email BOTH pictures here
- Email Kris Stevenson with your plans after high school - what are you doing or if college, where are you going and what are you studying?
- see March 27 email from Amy Sims for more info
- email Kris Stevenson with any questions
2. An AMAZING Spettacolo performance from our percussionists!
3. Physical Exam & Medical History Forms, DUE May 8!! (Forms attached below)
- turn in to "Assignments" tab in the "2023-2024 Plano Band" Google Classroom
1. HONORS BAND Independent Projects PAST DUE (for 2nd year students)
2. HONORS BAND Concert Critique - DUE May 12
1. 2023-2024 Drum Major Audition, May 8, 4:30-8:30p
2. 2023-2024 Drum Line Workshop, May 8, 4:45-6:45p
3. Full Orchestra "Pops" Rehearsal, May 9, 4:30-6:30p
4. Officer Candidates' Interviews, May 10, 3:30-9:30p
5. 2023-2024 Jazz Auditions, May 11, 5-8p
6. "Pops By the Pond" Orchestra Concert, May 12, 7p
7. 2023-2024 Plano Drumline Auditions, May 13, 1-4p
8. PRISM WEEK SCHEDULE
- Stage Set-Up: May 15, 3:30-8:30p (Required members: Officers, Jazz, PanCats)
- Prism Marching Band Rehearsal: May 17, 4:30-5:30p (Required members: ALL members of the Plano Band!) TEST GRADE!!
- Prism Chamber Ensemble Rehearsal: May 17, 6:30-9:30p [schedule TBD] (Required members: chamber ensemble personnel selected to perform at Prism Concert)
- Prism Concert: May 18, 7pm (Required members: ALL members of the Plano Band!) TEST GRADE
9. Band Banquet: Saturday, May 20 @ Courtyard Marriott - Allen
REQUIRED MARCHING BAND FORMS
SUMMER BAND CAMP - UPDATED
In addition, please keep in mind the following dates for marching band contests: Sept 30 (PEMI), Oct 7 (MMI), Oct 14 (UIL), Oct 21 (Area).
With Fall Break occurring October 9-13, 2023, there will be no marching band events planned from Oct 8-11. Because of a football game on Friday, October 13 & UIL Marching Contest the very next day, the Plano Band will return to rehearse on Thursday, October 12.
FALL BREAK REHEARSAL SCHEDULE (required attendance for all Plano Band members):
Thursday, October 12: 5-8p
Friday, October 13: 1-4p + football game prep
We appreciate all of our families scheduling vacations around the very important dates.