Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
March 29, 2020
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
All teachers are checking their email daily - please reach out to them with any questions you have about what your child is doing to engage in learning. We also are hearing that your children are really appreciating the chance to engage with their class through Zoom or Hangouts or to see pictures of their friends. Our team loves these interactions, too - we are all realizing how much we need to find ways to engage with each other. A note that during the scheduled Spring Break (4/4-4/13), teachers are not expected to be checking email.
We anticipate pushing out more materials to most students for use between spring break and May 4th. Although I'll be in touch with an exact date/time, please anticipate picking up materials for your children just after spring break - probably from the MPR like we did last time.
We are ALL doing the best we can. Just keep doing that. I read somewhere that there is no trophy for best quarantine mom/dad, and it made me chuckle. I have two boys too, and my husband is working from home full time. You might assume my home runs like a well oiled machine...but here's a secret...my elementary school kiddo is spending way to much time on Fortnite and YouTube and my high schooler hasn't been up before noon in two weeks. I count success as us sitting down for dinner together most nights! And you know what, they'll be okay. Given all this, here is a thought from mrsmindfulness.com:
Virtual Spirit Days
1. books, books, books...take pictures of your favorite books, or of you reading...what are your favorite books, places to read/listen to books, or the most creative spaces where you read/listen to books? (https://padlet.com/jhladun1/books)
2. this Friday would have been a Superhero spirit day thanks to student leadership. Send me your pictures of you in your favorite superhero gear or engaging in superhero activities! (https://padlet.com/jhladun1/superheros)
You can send pictures to Mrs. Hladun via email (email@example.com), link them to social media posts, or text them to Mrs. Hladun at 702 324 6884. Some folks have created a login to padlet to add their own pictures, too.
Past virtual spirit day boards:
- learning at home - week of 3/23-27: https://padlet.com/jhladun1/distance_learning_spirit_day
- colt pride day on 3/20: https://padlet.com/jhladun1/coltpride_mar20
Being in Touch - big info from Mrs. Hladun as needed
- on our website front page (lces.wpusd.org)
- via a notification to check for communication via Facebook
- via a notification to check for communication via Instagram
- via a notification to check for communication via Twitter
- via a notification to check for communication via our school app.
You can get info on all of those communication tools at the bottom of this (and every) newsletter.
Being in Touch - daily on Social Media
- readings - a story for primary learners, and a chapter(s) from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and The Lightening Thief - found on YouTube - search for Jennifer Hladun/look for the LCES logo
- a fun thing to check out
Please also stay in touch with your teachers - they are trying all kinds of new platforms to connect with your child! Learn with us!
The LCES Office - this week
You can drop your address into this finder to confirm your elementary school boundary. Be sure to click the "Approved 2020-21 Elementary Boundary" box on the right to see next year's boundary!
Every Friday is a Colt Pride day! We love it all - new items, vintage Colt Gear, homemade items, Zebra gear, and blue & yellow! Click for our online spirit wear store - open 24/7/365!
The district has approved and published the next 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!