September 14, 2020
Last names beginning with (L - Z) IN-PERSON Sept. 14-18.
Last names beginning with (A - K) VIRTUAL Sept. 21-25
Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival and Dismissal
* No student should arrive on campus before 7:30am.
* Car riders arriving before 8:00 am will report to a designated classroom until they are told to report to homeroom at 8:00am.
*Bus riders arriving before 8:00 am will report to the gym until they are told to report to homeroom at 8:00 am.
* If a student plans to eat breakfast, they must report to the cafeteria to eat before reporting to the gym.
* Students who are not bus riders are encouraged to report to the school after 8:00am and report directly to their homerooms.
* All students should be in homeroom by 8:15.
* Students may not remain at school after scheduled dismissal time unless they have prior approval from a staff member who will supervise them or if they are a member of a club, athletic team, etc. sponsored by the school.
* Supervision will only be provided from 7:30 am - 4:00 pm each day.
Student Medication Drop-Off
School Clinic and Medication
The LMS clinic is open daily from 7:30-3:30. Our school nurse, Meta Thompson, assists students who become sick or injured while at school and dispenses medications prescribed by physicians. Whenever it is necessary for your child to receive medication at school, the following policy must be followed:
1. A school nurse or school designee may administer medication provided all of the requirements are met.
2. All medicine must be in its original LABELED container or prescription bottle.
3. Written instructions for prescription medication must be from a doctor or physician's assistant authorized to prescribe medicine. How to administer, amount to be administered, time to be administered, etc., must be shown.
4. A written request by the parent or guardian must be made to the school nurse or school designee to administer any medication. The school nurse or school designee shall keep a written note in the students file.
ATTENTION 7th Grade Students
Attentional ALL Rising 7th Graders:
The Georgia Department of Human Resources has issued an immunization update regarding Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) and Meningococcal immunizations.
Starting July 1, 2014 all children who were born on or after January 1, 2002 who are entering the seventh grade are required to have a
- Tdap and a Meningococcal immunization
- an updated immunization certificate (Form 3231) reflecting the administration dates of the two additional vaccines.
All rising 7th graders born on or after January 1, 2002, must have ONE of the following:
A current , up-to-date DHR Immunization Form 3231 reflecting the additional one dose of Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) vaccine and one Meningococcal conjugate vaccine have been administered OR
A signed immunization waiver (available at the school for eligible students only) granting an extension of 30 calendar days OR
A notarized affidavit affirming a religious belief conflict.
If you have any questions regarding your student’s immunization status, contact your child’s physician, the local Health Department, or the school nurse (Wilma McCann). We encourage you to attend to this promptly to avoid the “back to school” rush. Your new certificate can be obtained while your child is still in sixth grade and issued to the school.
INFINITE CAMPUS: Monitor grades, attendance and performance.
Students will be assigned a login for Student Portal which will allow them to regularly monitor their grades and assignments. Students should NOT change their password. Students should also keep this password in a secure location and should never share their password with other students.
Parent portal provides access for parents to view students' attendance, grades, schedules, lunch balance, and other useful information. It also allows teachers to communicate with parents via the portal. You can enroll on the Coweta County School website. If you have questions about your portal account or are having trouble logging in, please contact Student Information Services by emailing email@example.com .