Seven Hills Elementary News
A Home-School Connection
January 9, 2018
PTA Reflections Gala Tonight:
Monday, January 15, 2018 is a school holiday in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
7 Hills Will Offer Performance Course This Winter:
Seven Hills is very excited to be offering the Performance Course again this year to our Seven Hills Families. This is a great opportunity for students to engage in physical activity and develop skills in addition to the regular PE program. A paper flier will be coming home with students, and the flier is also pictured below. Families can register online, and Seven Hills must have 10 students registered in order for the program to make.
- PK-5 Grades
- Monday and Wednesday Mornings from 7:00 - 7:30 in the Seven Hills Gym
- January 30 - February 23
- Cost $55 per student
- Register Online: http://www.performancecourse.com/
Speeding to Read Update:
Our campus Wildly Important Goal is that all students will meet or exceed end of year expectations in reading. In order to reach this goal, Seven Hills Leaders need to be reading every day! Speeding to Read is a fun way to help students get excited about reading and help students reach their goals. We are in turn 2. Please make sure your child is reading at home and logging their books. Reading logs should be in STAR folders. If you need a new log, please contact your child's teacher.
- For Turns 2, 3 and 4, the minimum goal is 25 books per turn for Kindergarten–2nd-grade students and six (6) chapter books for 3rd–5th-grade students.
We encourage students to set high goals and read over the minimum number of books each turn. We had many students read over the minimum and we’d like even more this time! We are in turn 3. Turn 2 standings will be announced after the winter break. Make sure you are reading over the break. Turn 3 ends on March 2.
Note: Each turn starts over with the count of books. The books read in turn 1 do not count in turn 2.
Save the Date:
3rd Grading Period Leadership Assembly and College Colors Day (students and staff wear their favorite college shirts or colors):
- Friday, January 12 (K-2 at 8:00; 3-5 8:30)
- Monday, January 15
Family Leadership Night & PTA General Meeting:
- Tuesday, January 23 6:00 - 7:30
Campus Information and Reminders:
Running Club will take a winter break after Reindeer Romp. It will resume after Spring Break.
- School Doors Open and Staff Are On Duty at 7:20 am: Please remember that students should not be dropped off at school before the doors open and staff are on duty at 7:20 am.
- The safety and security of students, staff, and visitors is a priority. All visitors must sign-in with the front office using the Raptor system to receive a visitor badge. Any visitor without a badge will be redirected to the front office. Please note that we have a new and improved Raptor system for signing our visitors and volunteers in at Seven Hills. All guests and volunteers will be required to scan their ID on their first visit to school this year. Thank you in advance for your patience.
- Student Absences: Please contact the school office if your child will be absent from school. This helps us verify our overall attendance for the day and properly account for all students. When your child returns to school after an absence, please be sure to send a note explaining the reason for the absences.
See What’s Going on in Our Communities
As a service to our families, the district provides the Community Folder for non-school groups or organizations to post information that may be of interest or a benefit to students and families. Click here to see approved flyers.