Where dreams come true...
Where is it located?
Benefits and downsides of tourism in Kenya.
- Tourists may not be respectful towards the environment and can damage crucial ecosystems which may be the main source of tourism. An example would be tourists hunting in Kenya and killing animals which are in the path of extinction, animals which keep the food chains balanced and animals that are main attraction. Tourists may very well damage land and local plants by polluting or travelling on prohibited routes.
- Most LEDC's have foreign companies that take care of the local tourism and therefore, the government doesn't earn that much. The workers also come from outside the country because they are more specialized in certain domains so locals have less available jobs or really low income jobs.
- -Structures for tourists are usually prioritised over a local project.
- There is a lot of Inequaliy between tourists and locals because the government would prioritise them as they bring fame to the country, wealth and a great reputation.
- Banks and shops can take advantage in the currency exchange and earn a little more.
- If there are a lot of tourists, the country might invest in centers that teach locals how to do certain things so they can work in resorts etc...
- Building of infrastructures in the area brings jobs to the local people.
- Tourists get to learn about new cultures and their way of living. There also a high chance that they begin to respect the local environment like the locals do.
To stop Poaching in Kenya, the government should fine poachers and unauthorised hunters for a lot of money. The country should also increase the security in national parks and in places where these endangered animals roam harmlessly. This could have a negative impact in tourism as many people come to Kenya to hunt these majestic animals as they're mostly found there. To solve this, the government can create parks where hunters go to hunt injured, disabled or weak individuals but in the same conditions as they would hunt animals in the wild.
Deforestation has been going on for decades and every attempt to stop it failed miserably. The government should now impose huge punishments for anyone cutting down tress as the forests in our planet are slowly disappearing. They can catch these people by placing security cameras or even soldiers to guard hot zones where there are many trees.
"Environmental Degradation in Kenya as a Cause of Political Conflict, Social Stress, and Ethnic Tensions." Environmental Degradation in Kenya as a Cause of Political Conflict, Social Stress, and Ethnic Tensions. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Apr. 2015.
"Google." Google. Google, n.d. Web. 01 Apr. 2015.
Hastings, Karen. "12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Kenya | PlanetWare." 12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Kenya | PlanetWare. PlanetWare, n.d. Web. 18 Apr. 2015.
"International Tourism." International Tourism - Number of Arrivals in Kenya. Trading Economics, n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2015.
Kenya. CIA. Central Intelligence Agency. Central Intelligence Agency, n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2015.
Laws, Eric. "Crisis Management in Tourism." Google Books. Google Books, n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2015.
"Map+of+kenya - Google Search." Map+of+kenya - Google Search. Google, n.d. Web. 01 Apr. 2015.
"Map+of+kenya - Google Search." Map+of+kenya - Google Search. Google, n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2015.
"Tourism in an LEDC." BBC News. BBC, n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2015.
"Tourist+numbers+in+kenya+in+1990 - Google Search." Tourist+numbers+in+kenya+in+1990 - Google Search. Google, n.d. Web. 01 Apr. 2015.
"Tourist+numbers+in+kenya+in+1990 - Google Search." Tourist+numbers+in+kenya+in+1990 - Google Search. Google, n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2015.